TWEE FUNK - Free Mix

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
The folks at The Fader recently invited me to write an installment of their Vinyl Archeology column for the issue that's coming out this week. (Jonny Paycheck and Urrs both did columns of their own in recent months, too.) I wrote about Twee Funk???roughly speaking, 70s soul releases that followed in the wake of the Jackson 5???s success???and recorded a 28-song, 69-minute mix, which you can download for free here.Here's what's on it:Jackson 5: ???2, 4, 6, 8???Promise: ???I???m Not Ready for Love???The Voices of East Harlem: ???Can You Feel It???Starborn: ???Funky Piper???The Young Gents: ???Big Things Come in Small Packages???Starborn: ???Real Real Thing???The Nation Survivers: ???Get Down???The Posse: ???Come Out and Play???Wee Three: ???Get on Board???Jackson Sisters: ???I Believe in Miracles???Family Plann: ???Come On Let???s Do the Breakdown???Greer Bros.: ???We Don???t Dig No Busing???Reginald Milton & the Soul Jets: ???Clap Your Hands???The Eight Minutes: ???I Can???t Get No Higher???The Voices of East Harlem: ???So Rare???The Sylvers: ???We Can Make It???The Sylvers: ???I Don???t Need to Prove Myself???Foster Sylvers: ???Misdemeanor???The Sylvers: ???Don???t Give Up the Good Life???The Sylvers: ???I Aim to Please???The Sylvers: ???Stay Away from Me???The Sylvers: ???Fool???s Paradise???The Sylvers: ???I Know Myself???The Sylvers: ???Only One Can Win???Foster Sylvers: ???Big Things Come In Small Packages???The Eight Minutes: ???Find the One Who Loves You???Ponderosa Twins Plus One: ???Bound???Family Circle: ???It Doesn???t Make Sense???Holler if you dig it.

Comments

• looks good, though I'm having trouble connecting to your site.

• hmm, crap. worked for me yesterday. i hope it's not a hosting problem.

here's an alternate link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/29875952/Twee_Funk_Mix.mp3.html

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Right up my alley (again) on this one, Slade.

Downloading now, thanks for posting!

• This is good, thanks a lot!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The world needs more twee mixes of all genres. Thanks.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• This is a dope mix, thank you!

• Promise: ???I???m Not Ready for Love???

Excellent!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    This is such a fantastic mix. Wish you would have made this one in June so I could have cruised around with it during the summer.

You gonna do anymore like this?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This is such a fantastic mix. Wish you would have made this one in June so I could have cruised around with it during the summer.

999 looks to me like you'll be posting a tasty mix soon, no?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Perfect mix to take me from the shitty afternoon in the office into the glory of the weekend, thanks for this.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    This is rill rill buttery Mat***w, thanks for it!

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    6 minutes into it and...

The Voices of East Harlem: ???Can You Feel It???

thanks for the mix.

• Thanks, dudes. I'm glad the mix is getting felt.

Probably not. I love the music, but I don't think doing old soul and funk mixes is gonna get me where I wanna go.