Man arrested in death of JonBenet Ramsey

13»

Comments

• Thank you, coffinjoe.

I posted the red herring on page 1 and I stand by it. I don't think this guy did it.

Check this out:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4123665.html

[Excerpt]

BANGKOK, Thailand -” The American suspect in the killing of JonBenet Ramsey told
    investigators that he drugged and had sex with the 6-year-old beauty queen[/b] before accidentally killing her, a senior Thai police officer said Thursday.

An autopsy on Ramsey said a blood screening showed no drugs or alcohol in her body[/b]."

• Everyone is hyped cause he confessed, but there's not much talk about hard proof yet....DNA etc. I'll wait and see what evidence matches up in court before I make any decisions (though it does seem reeeeal likely)

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Jeeperz.

SG

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Jeeperz.

SG

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Jeeperz.

SG

this is the creepiest guy ever

• Jeeperz.

SG

david lynch steez

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Jeeperz.

SG

david lynch steez

Spot on.

Who knows what to make of any of this shit.

All I know is, the level of creepy indicates that guy was created in a lab somewhere.

BOULDER, Colorado (CNN) -- John Mark Karr gave authorities graphic details about the condition of JonBenet Ramsey's body that have been kept secret for nearly a decade, a U.S. law enforcement source told CNN on Friday.

Those details were known only to the medical examiner and the investigators investigating the December 26, 1996 slaying of the 6-year-old beauty pageant competitor, the law enforcement official said.

Some of the details Karr shared were gruesome -- and accurate -- the source said.

• I tried to told y'all:

Lawyer: No Charges for JonBenet Suspect[/b]
    - By JON SARCHE, Associated Press Writer
    Monday, August 28, 2006

(08-28) 14:06 PDT Boulder, Colo. (AP) --

Prosecutors decided not to charge John Mark Karr in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, his lawyers said Monday after a TV station reported that the schoolteacher's DNA failed to match genetic material on the 6-year-old girl's body.

"The warrant on Mr. Karr has been dropped by the district attorney," public defender Seth Temin said outside the jail. "They are not proceeding with the case."

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy's office did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press.

"We're deeply distressed by the fact that they took this man and dragged him here from Bangkok, Thailand, with no forensic evidence confirming the allegations against him and no independent factors leading to a presumption that he did anything wrong," Temin said.

Earlier in the day, Denver's KUSA, citing two sources close to the investigation, said that hair and saliva from Karr were tested over the weekend at the Denver police crime lab and that he was ruled out as the source of the DNA taken from the crime scene.

Investigators have said male DNA was found in blood spots on JonBenet's underwear. Other physical evidence in the case includes a ransom note, the garrote used to strangle the girl, a boot print found outside the Ramsey house and some indications an intruder could have entered through a basement window.

The schoolteacher's arrest in Thailand a week and a half ago was seen a surprise break in the decade-old murder mystery that had cast suspicion over JonBenet's parents.

But Karr's bizarre account ??? and his apparent fascination with the little girl's death ??? immediately raised suspicions that he might be an obsessed follower of the case who confessed to a crime he didn't commit.

Among other things, Karr's relatives insisted that he was with them, celebrating Christmas in Georgia and Alabama, around the time the child beauty queen was found strangled and beaten at her Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996. They said that if Karr had not been with his family at Christmas, they would have certainly remembered it.

In an interview with the media in Thailand, Karr said that he was with JonBenet when she died and that her death was an accident. Asked if he was innocent, he said no.

In an interview Monday with MSNBC, Gary Harris, who had been spokesman for the Karr family, said of the DNA: "I knew it wouldn't match."

Karr has been "obsessed with this case for a long time. He may have some personality problems, but he's not a killer," Harris said. "He obsesses. He wanted to be a rock star one time. ... He's a dreamer. He's the kind of guy who wants to be famous.

Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood had no immediate comment.

URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2006/08/28/national/a134906D77.DTL

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I tried to told y'all:

you said it was a red herring, and i'm still not sure what you meant by that.

• I tried to told y'all:

you said it was a red herring, and i'm still not sure what you meant by that.

A red herring is something that distracts attention from the real issue. This whole story seemed like a ploy to focus everyone's attention on something that didn't matter in the least.

a ploy by whom? why don't you just come out and say what you mean?

• a ploy by whom?

I do not know. Them?

why don't you just come out and say what you mean?

Sorry for being so obfuscatory, but I'm hardly the first Soulstrutter to post a jpeg as a reply.

well i just don't really think you're in a position to say "i told you so", when whatever the fuck you're talking about hasn't been shown or proven in the slightest, outside of "he's not guilty" which most people believed from the beginning.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    a ploy by whom?

I do not know. Them?

why don't you just come out and say what you mean?

Sorry for being so obfuscatory, but I'm hardly the first Soulstrutter to post a jpeg as a reply.

some nut jobs think big brother is watching what yer watching