Hitchcock and Hitch influenced films

2»

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Rebecca (no one else has love for this film??).

Yes. While I've seen a large part of Hitcock's films, this was missing on my list until I saw it just two months ago. Classic Hitchcock.

Am I wrong or could the Manderlay Estate be considered the set design blueprint for all "trapped in a spooky old mansion" films since then?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    rope is great and kinda weird and restrained for a hitchcock flick. watched that this weekend too

anyway, how great is this Polish poster for Vertigo? i like how there is a spiral on the skull to symbolize vertigo.

• never heard of this one before I love Mr. MacMurray in Double Indemnity so I will have to go seek.

it's ridiculous that Double Indemnity
    isn't available on DVD.
    i wonder what the roadblock is?

*edit* hold the phones, it's being released on Aug 22. nice!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    my faves are probably Psycho (obvious, but damn it doesn't get much better) Notorious, and Rebecca (no one else has love for this film??).

Yeah it's a proper piece of gothic meoldrama. Would have been interesting if they'd risked going with the novel's original ending where i believe

*spoiler*

He did actually murder his wife rather than her die in an accident

*spoiler*

Still highly enjoyable film and, i believe pretty unusually for Hitchcock, told from a female point of view.