Scoop Jackson on hip-hop in Chicago

2»

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    You sound ass-hurt.

argue amongst yourselves..

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    The "next big thing" in rap does not advertise in WP.

What kind of bullshit is this?

So in order to blow up in rap, one must be more selective in their advertising? Seriously, being in advertising, I do not follow your logic at all--to the point where it only comes off as you're posting this just to stir some shit. At least they're advertising in a publication that will reach a higher percentage of people that will like their music and/or already be familiar with them--strengthening their base audience. I think that's an excellent first step in advertising.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

So in order to blow up in rap, one must be more selective in their advertising? Seriously, being in advertising, I do not follow your logic at all--to the point where it only comes off as you're posting this just to stir some shit. At least they're advertising in a publication that will reach a higher percentage of people that will like their music and/or already be familiar with them--strengthening their base audience. I think that's an excellent first step in advertising.

Becky doesnt read Wax Poetics.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Wax Poetics readers can't help anybody become the next big thing in rap.

Anybody that thinks converting WP readers is a first step towards becoming the next big thing is never going to get there.

Not saying that one shouldn't advertise in Wax Poetics--it's probably a good look if your goal is popularity within a certain niche audience.

Now, please, let's be serious.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

fine, since faux decided to come in and diss fam. blowing up meaning: they will be the next group outta chi that fools in manhattan/LA will hear/read about, that isn't kanye, lupe or fest..

and trust me, in chicago terms, that is blowing the fuck up. now argue amongst yourselves via pm's[/b] about Glue's 'realness', 'connectivity to the skreets', and/or first week sales projections.