GOT QUESTIONS FOR A JOSH DAVIS INTERVIEW ????

2»

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    OK guys, I will use some of these questions, if you got more nerd questions please feel free to inform me, the obvoius ones I know already, give me the nerd questions.

There were a few serious ones in mine. As for the "nerd" questions, you can wait for the exclusive DJ Shadow pamphlets that I will be passing out at airports.

Wait, if pamphlets can give you paper cuts, that might be considered a weapon.

Nevermind.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Last call guys, the interview is on wednesday.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Be aware, he doesn't like press runs in Europe. One time he was having a breakdown because he couldn't stand talking about himself for hours. Ask him about his favourite German Break, and if it would be CAN or Kraftwerk for him, ha!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Ask him about his favourite German Break

• 6.Josh: Does Hip Hop Still Suck In 2006?

From http://www.djshadow.com/digest/:

We???ll start with the one that is most likely to ellicit a glazed-over, bemused expression from me:
    Q: ??? DOES HIP-HOP STILL SUCK IN 2006????
    A: Er, no, I think there???s a lot of good hip-hop this year, as with any other year. The song title you???re referring to, from Endtroducing, was intended as a tongue-in-cheek way to address pressures within the hip-hop community which I don???t feel even exist anymore, namely ???underground rap??? vs. ???commercial rap.??? Some people thought I was trying to diss G-Funk because of the type of loop that was used, when actually I just thought it was a dope loop. I had wanted to do something more with it, but never got around to it. In any case, I think the real issue was that a lot of non rap-loving types, including a lot of music critics, took it as a way to say ???yeah, see, here???s someone credible from the scene who doesn???t like rap either. Now it???s okay to say that hip-hop sucks.??? I guess they added that with the fact that the album was instrumental and decided that I really didn???t like rap, which to me was a pretty simple-minded conclusion.
    The fact that this question has come up in interview after interview, from year to year, tells me that either it was a really evocative song title, or that I need to be more careful about attempting wry humor in a musical context.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Ask him what is his favourite "guilty pleasure" song is, one that he really loves but can't admit. It has to be a horrible song or he's a lying son of a B.