scare tactics on sci fi channel

autezautez 404 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.scifi.com/scaretactics/exclusive/

they scare the shit out of people by setting up really elaborate plots and make people think they are about to die.

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    http://www.scifi.com/scaretactics/exclusive/

they scare the shit out of people by setting up really elaborate plots and making people think they are about to die.

dude, that barber shop one is RAW. "You'r a lucky man. I only gave out 12 of these!" hahaha

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I just watched a couple of those and my first impression is that they're staged. If I were in that kind of situation, where someone was about to kill me, and they said, "Ha ha, you're on Scare Tactics," I don't think my immediate response would be to let my guard down and start laughing. I certainly wouldn't be able to stand around and talk about it nonchalantly. Adrenaline doesn't turn off that quickly.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    watch the 'what's in the box' one. dude is SHOOOOOK!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm still not convinced. A couple of years ago my old roommate decided it would be funny to hide in my room one night to scare me (he was drunk). I went in to my room and started getting ready for bed (turning of the computer, taking off my shoes, etc.). At some point I looked up and there was some dude in my closet. Keep in mind that I'd already shut and locked my bedroom door and I'd been in there for at least three minutes. I freaked, and when he started laughing, I jumped up and started punching. Needless to say, neither of us were amused in the end. My point is that no matter how hard you plan to set up a scenario like this, you can't forsee anything the mark might do. It just seems like a dangerous proposition.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I'm still not convinced. A couple of years ago my old roommate decided it would be funny to hide in my room one night to scare me (he was drunk). I went in to my room and started getting ready for bed (turning of the computer, taking off my shoes, etc.). At some point I looked up and there was some dude in my closet. Keep in mind that I'd already shut and locked my bedroom door and I'd been in there for at least three minutes. I freaked, and when he started laughing, I jumped up and started punching. Needless to say, neither of us were amused in the end. My point is that no matter how hard you plan to set up a scenario like this, you can't forsee anything the mark might do. It just seems like a dangerous proposition.

seriously. i think there are too many reprocussions for them to legitimately pull this off.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i dont know, their reactions seem genuine. there's one with a gorilla where the guy starts getting pretty mad at the end and almost starts punching everyone. i think they usually bring out their friend at the end and they realize it's a hidden camera show.