Dumb sh-- said while drunk = doesn't really count?

2»

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    O-dub,
    please don't start drinking.
    This is coming from a part-time drunk.

-M

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    O-dub,

-M

Seriously, at some point in my life, I really should get a little faded just to see what the hubbub is about. But while I'm actually really into the idea of, say, hallucinogens (not that I've ever tried) or other *ahem* substances, for whatever reason, alchohol has never, ever appealed to me. Probably because I've spent enough time around silly drunk people at the club that I'd never want to "go there." Of course, if I spent a lot of time around people tripping crazy off of LSD, I'd probably rethink my curiosity about that too.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    O-dub,

-M

Seriously, at some point in my life, I really should get a little faded just to see what the hubbub is about. But while I'm actually really into the idea of, say, hallucinogens (not that I've ever tried) or other *ahem* substances, for whatever reason, alchohol has never, ever appealed to me. Probably because I've spent enough time around silly drunk people at the club that I'd never want to "go there." Of course, if I spent a lot of time around people tripping crazy off of LSD, I'd probably rethink my curiosity about that too.

if youre like me, youll get drunk once, maybe twice, and never really even feel like doing it ever again.

i dont see the appeal, im not against it, but its not appealing to me at all either.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Fatback,

Umad?

Dizzy,

The Dub doesn't karaoke either. Mostly because you gotta be drunk to enjoy that and since I don't drink...

As for the shitfaced ambitions - sheeeet, my wife's been working on that 4 years and running. Still hasn't happened. In any case, she can hold enough liquor for the both of us.
    Dub don't drink, but Dub do da kine!

Dub don't drink, but Dub do da kine!

Like whoa.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Like whoa.
    This is what I do to avoid writing my grad school personal statement.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Mind you - I don't drink and I've never been drunk so I can't speak on the social etiquette of this situation from personal experience...but in general, is being drunk (or an alcoholic) really some kind of get-out-jail-free card when you say things while inebriated?
    no

Does being drunk lower your inhibitations so that, in a sense, you're actually speaking what you really feel vs. putting up your social guard? Therefore, isn't what one would say drunk more of a confirmation of "true feelings" than what's said sober?
    yes

Like whoa.
    This is what I do to avoid writing my grad school personal statement.

Where you applying? And for what?

• My friend passed out on our futon after a long day of drinking. So naturally we decided to saran wrap him to the futon.

I think this is the best statement so far. Like saran-wrapping drunken folls to the futon is the most ordinary thing in the world.

I need pics of this in my life.

But everyone has been on point. I've said some dumb-ass shit, but I'm not politically correct and I like to bust peoples balls. Being drunk merely explains one's actions, not absolves them.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    UCSF Master's in Nursing Program, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. I'm all about the E.R. Which transitions nicely into a good "Dumb sh-- said while drunk" story. I volunteer at a local hospital on Thursday nights so I see my fair share of drunks.

So this guy comes in and he's hammered off his ass. After blowing like four times the legal limit he requests to go to the bathroom. I bring him a plastic pee bottle because he's shaky on his feet. He takes one look at it and says, "Well that ain't fuckin' happenin'. Ain't no god damn way." He pulls down his pants, lays back on the guirney, holds his ding-dong perpendicular to his horizontal self, and lets himself go. "I'm a beautiful fountain!" he exclaims while pissing like 2 feet straight into the air. He then passes out again while still being a beautiful fountain.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Oh, and shig asked for this to be done. Presumably while sober.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    UCSF Master's in Nursing Program, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. I'm all about the E.R. Which transitions nicely into a good "Dumb sh-- said while drunk" story. I volunteer at a local hospital on Thursday nights so I see my fair share of drunks.

So this guy comes in and he's hammered off his ass. After blowing like four times the legal limit he requests to go to the bathroom. I bring him a plastic pee bottle because he's shaky on his feet. He takes one look at it and says, "Well that ain't fuckin' happenin'. Ain't no god damn way." He pulls down his pants, lays back on the guirney, holds his ding-dong perpendicular to his horizontal self, and lets himself go. "I'm a beautiful fountain!" he exclaims while pissing like 2 feet straight into the air. He then passes out again while still being a beautiful fountain.

"I'm a beautiful fountain!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Oh, and shig asked for this to be done. Presumably while sober.

Gnat, you swore you wouldn't tell anybody about my fountain accident.

That jacket is DOUGLAS. I need that pronto!

Now, to tie this thread with the other people of color one....

I heard that most Asians have a gene in them that causes their body to reject liquor or something like that. What kind of genetic tampering did Shig do to overcome that? I don't know. Perhaps he is a mutant, but instead of controlling the weather, or having claws, he is just "The Drinking Asian", x-men codename Jackie 'Daniels' Chan. hmmmmmmmmmmm.