are chuck taylors hipster kicks?

P_ClendeninnP_Clendeninn 51 Posts
edited May 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
or just a classic choice of footwear.

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    or just a shitty shoe.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Either hipster or South LA Gee'd-up footwear... I'm sure you'd most likely fall in the first category

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    my girl told me I needed to stop wearing them cos they're just too 'generic hipster' these days.

I can see what she means, but 'I done been' wearing them for like 2 decades - why should I stop now?

---

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Either hipster or South LA Gee'd-up footwear... I'm sure you'd most likely fall in the first category

Word. HA HA! Chucks are for real OGs, Blue or Red, or hipsters. You won't catch me wearing canvas shoes though!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    why should I stop now?
    'cause they are crap?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    man, yall are hating. I love chucks.

comfortable and cheap. You cant ever say they are played out. come on! thats like saying drinking water is played out. '

why should I stop now?

'cause they are crap?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get with a different shoe, but I can't find anything that suits me. All those molded plastic sports shoes look stupid - I wear a size 14, if I put on a pair of flourescent Nikes it'd look like I was rocking Transformers as footwear.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    why should I stop now?
    'cause they are crap?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get with a different shoe, but I can't find anything that suits me. All those molded plastic sports shoes look stupid - I wear a size 14, if I put on a pair of flourescent Nikes it'd look like I was rocking Transformers as footwear.

and that would be bad because?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Seriously fuck this hipster shit. I wore those in 7th grade. I'm in the 29th grade now and...

Nah, I haven't worn those shoes in years.

• Seriously fuck this hipster shit. I wore those in 7th grade. I'm in the 29th grade now and...

what do you wear?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I still got a pair of navy blue low tops with white fat laces...aint nothin hipster about em. they look kinda g to me.

I like how flat Chucks are - most other shoes & boots have way too much sole. When you are 6'4 you don't need much more height - I'll leave that stilt shit to ya'll "5 foot something" literally 'lil' dudes.

---

• saulgravysaulgravy 112 Posts
    both. classic on a hipster, classic on a gangsta. you can wear 'em without socks in the summer, let 'em get wet, whatever. then just buy a new pair. i got like three purr in the closet right now.

• so what if people think shoes are played just because dumbasses started to recently wear them in excess. A fresh shoe is a fresh shoe. This goes for Dunks as well..althought I prob would wait a few years before rocking them again.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    chucks are great and they have been since like 1930 or whatever. fuck the dumbshit.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    im 30 freakin years old and wearing a fuckin trucker hat RIGHT NOW

fuck all this hipster shit man.. what does that shit matter when yer married, employed, MAKIN MOVES IN THE REAL WORLD!!!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I have a friend that lives and breathes "hipster hate". He just despises the trendiness of it all. I just want to vomit when I hear people (him included) talk about "Oh, that's too hipster", "you can't wear that because it's hipster". Fuck, even hipster kids hate on each other. Maybe it's just because I live in the thick of it but most of my friends are aging punks. Weird being that they're only 25 (most have been punk since middle school) and their considered dinosaurs to the scene.

Here's me rocking some hipster glasses.

Score pretty high on Hot or Not. Check out my emo Hot or Not rating.

Seriously fuck this hipster shit. I wore those in 7th grade. I'm in the 29th grade now and...

I remember having tie-died Chucks. The ink leaked all on my socks. This was back-in-the-day when pegging pants was cool.

*** proceeds to queue up Ahmad ***

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I like white chucks and black chucks. I kinda think all the different colored ones are ugly. I haven't bought a pair in like 6 or 7 years though, no support whatsover. I need shoes with support at this point.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have a friend that lives and breathes "hipster hate". He just despises the trendiness of it all. I just want to vomit when I hear people (him included) talk about "Oh, that's too hipster", "you can't wear that because it's hipster". Fuck, even hipster kids hate on each other. Maybe it's just because I live in the thick of it but most of my friends are aging punks. Weird being that they're only 25 (most have been punk since middle school) and their considered dinosaurs to the scene.

That's some pretty hipster facial hair.

That's some pretty hipster facial hair.

Hater

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
    Hipster hate on Soulstrut = severe case of self loathing.

+ chucks are and always have been a design classic of the shoe world. Nothing says summer like a crisp new pair of chucks; Rocks sweetly with virtually any type of trouser; Light and tasty mmmm.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i been rocking chucks for 2 weeks now and my feet literally thank me every night when i take em' off. truly painful shoes to wear, stein. .

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    If you like something you shouldn't stop wearing it jus because hipsters jumped on it, thats just letting them win. I've always been fond of jack purcells

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    man, yall are hating. I love chucks.

comfortable and cheap. You cant ever say they are played out. come on! thats like saying drinking water is played out. '

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If you like something you shouldn't stop wearing it jus because hipsters jumped on it, thats just letting them win. I've always been fond of jack purcells

I own 14 pairs of Chucks. Mad flavors and Styles. Str8 old school.
    Jack Purcell is my other shit too. But cats uptown dont fuck with Jacks.
    My hood knows me as the Chuck styler. I would have battles with a friend who rocked mad flavors of Pro-Keds when Keds started to make a small comeback in 1999-2003. Chucks are for all folks. THe one Shoe that all classes wear. From the country club to Compton. Dont matter. Girls in Chucks is really sexy.
    I have Chucks on freeze that I wont crack 'till summertime. Fresh and Clean at the picnic. Cats respect Chucks. You cant rock them too bummy unless your running to the corner store to get the sunday paper.I wore Grey Chucks to my high school prom with grey bowtie. Real 80s shit.Chucks are TIMELESS. "You cant beat the original with a copy."

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Girls in Chucks is really sexy.