New Dilla Single

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
We got the new Dilla single off the Shining in... Shit is bananas - Picture disc. I haven't heard it yet, but they did it right with the artwork... Anyone heard the full release? Opinions?

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    E=MC2 is the joint.

It's been out for a minute (boot mp3's)

Solid record.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I just got a hold of the album last week. I am freakin' Loving it!! I cant wait the get the Picture Disk!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I just got a hold of the album last week. I am freakin' Loving it!! I cant wait the get the Picture Disk!

same here

One thing I gotta say about this Album and Donuts....

Its kinda more like a story...But here goes..

So last year about this time I wrote to Stones Throw and said I thought it would be dope if they released a Instrumental Album prior to the vocal version because I was always waiting and wanting the Instros so badly. I thought it would be a cool concept of waiting and wondering what the vocal would have in store. Im not sure if anyone has done this before... Anyhow.

So then in the Fall, Donuts started getting its press and discussion was taking place on the ST board about the album. So I came on there and made a little prediction that an album would later be released with Vocals over the Donuts Tracks.

Everyone thought I was crazy. Jinx said it wasn't going to happen. I stood by my prediction, having no idea that the circumstances of later happenings would indeed confirm this. Well, even though I was not 100% correct ( about the entire album)...there are now at least 5-6 songs that have been vocalized. ( some new ones on the shining and the ghostface ones) (( I love the d'angel and common track)) So, yes it may be a coincidence that the tracks were done after the untimely passing of Jay Dee with much understanding. And I dont think ST had much to do with it since they were not released on or by Stones Throw ( I don't know how their productions rights work though ) But.. I was still partially right and now the ST board is gone forever and I cant prove my case. It probably doesn't matter to anyone else...but Im always tryin to prove my psychic tendencies. So there ya go a little tidbit of meaningless information.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

One thing I gotta say...
    a little tidbit of meaningless information.

I know, I know...but I feel better now.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I'm real excited about this but all the movie quotes i've heard over it sounded badly mixed and kinda cheese. I want to hear sans-movie quotes

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    That one song with D'Angelo and Common... Dilla is coming with the straight steppers shit. He took one of my favorite "donuts" and made a nice steppers cut. Doubtful, though, that it will get play alongside R. Kelly and Co.

The "Shining" dialog over the promo is a little tedious, but I love that quote from the movie when Jack is like, "Slow night, huh."

Oh it's just on the promo? *phew*

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Like the album loads.

But can I just say that track 28 off the dilla beats CD just dropped and it's sooo fucking dope.

Hearing It's a man's world like that brings feelin' to my soul. I wish it was longer...

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    I want to hear sans-movie quotes
    The "Shining" dialog over the promo is a little tedious, but I love that quote from the movie when Jack is like, "Slow night, huh."
    Oh it's just on the promo? *phew*

Slow night...is probably my favorite dialogue used,seems to be in a good spot

I hope theres not as much dialogue on the official release also

The dialogue seems to work on some beats, ie "Body Movin'" But it just pissed me off on the Common and D'angelo beat. I haven't heard the rest.