"Civil war possible in Iraq"

roistoroisto 879 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
US Gen. Abizaid says civil war possible in IraqWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. Central Commandon Thursday said sectarian violence in Baghdad was as bad ashe has ever seen and could lead to a civil war."Sectarian violence probably is as bad as I've seen it, inBaghdad in particular," Army Gen. John Abizaid told theSenate Armed Services Committee. "If not stopped, it ispossible that Iraq could move toward civil war."Things are looking pretty grim right now.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    US Gen. Abizaid says civil war possible in Iraq

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. Central Command
    on Thursday said sectarian violence in Baghdad was as bad as
    he has ever seen and could lead to a civil war.

"Sectarian violence probably is as bad as I've seen it, in
    Baghdad in particular," Army Gen. John Abizaid told the
    Senate Armed Services Committee. "If not stopped, it is
    possible that Iraq could move toward civil war."

Things are looking pretty grim right now.

How is it not already a civil war?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i can't take it anymore

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    [father-in-law] If we weren't fighting em there, we'd be fighting em here [father-in-law/]

• [father-in-law] If we weren't fighting em there, we'd be fighting em here [father-in-law/]

hook. line. sinker.

I hasten to add...I've heard many similar comments from my soon-to-be Father-in-law.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

saying.

what is the definition of "civil war" if not citizens of the same country, divided along sectarian lines, killing each other at a rate of about 100 a day?

i'd really like to hear Rumsfeld explain what has to happen before this becomes a "civil war."

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

saying.

what is the definition of "civil war" if not citizens of the same country, divided along sectarian lines, killing each other at a rate of about 100 a day?

i'd really like to hear Rumsfeld explain what has to happen before this becomes a "civil war."

The fact that they don't already see that it is a civil war shows how far behind the fucking ball the continue to dwell.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

saying.

i don't want to hear Rumsfeld explain anything ever again.