Premier/Aguilera

djcommiedjcommie 31 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
A couple of tracks Rather underwhelming. It seems at first I was not psyched about this project at all and then way too psyched about this project. "Ain't No Other Man" is the jam, though.

Comments

• The songs premo did is:

01 Intro (Back To Basics)
    03 Back In The Day
    04 Ain't No Other Man
    11 Still Dirrty
    13 Thank You (Dedication To Fans...)[/b]

Slow Down, Baby is still unconfirmed.

You can get the songs listed above here:
    http://www.anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.de/files/27978096/supreemo.rar.html

the password is pretty easy to find out..

INSANE DJ PREMIER-PRODUCTION! STILL WAITING FOR HIM TO RELEASE INSTRUMENTAL LPs!

Stay tuned:[/b] http://www.djpremierforum.net.ms/

• u can get them on spinemag. Xtina has set the bar for today's R&B singers with this album

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Saw the video for "Ain??t no other man" the other day, and was, well, pretty damn surprised. I like it.

So, I??ll love it now, but I just know it??s gonna get played like a motherfucker (Very "Crazy in love" type steez) and lose the initial charm...

But hey, cool track, I??ll check out some of those other ones now.

- J

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    That video track wasnt produced by premo though, right? sounds like rich harrison. someone got an mp3 handy? is there and inst?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    To me it sounds like the label thought Primos version was a bit too and got some studio geek in to spruce it up. It's got a Rich Harrisson vibe though, a style I hope RnB producers will bite, bite, bite. The world needs more than one "One thing".

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    That video track wasnt produced by premo though, right? sounds like rich harrison.

Nah, that's Primo. I think he read some of O-Dub's rants about his boring beats here on Soulstrut and decided to flip the script for this microwave popcorn generation!
    Gotta hand it to him, though... hatters are sure to disagree but I think with this Xina record Primo has become "relevant" once again (in the eyes of the fair weather music industry, anyway).

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    there is some REALLY good music on this album. i'm impressed.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    That video track wasnt produced by premo though, right? sounds like rich harrison.

Nah, that's Primo. I think he read some of O-Dub's rants about his boring beats here on Soulstrut and decided to flip the script for this microwave popcorn generation![/b]
    Gotta hand it to him, though... hatters are sure to disagree but I think with this Xina record Primo has become "relevant" once again (in the eyes of the fair weather music industry, anyway).

• Framed photo of The Mack at Taco Bell behind Christina. Boundless genius.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    The video cut is cool, no doubt. But now I peeped this "Back in the Day" song and though the beat is better than 90% of what Primo's done in the last years, Christina is very annyoing to me. Giving the Coltranes, Reddings, etc. some dap is obviously cool and all, but who is Christina to take anything "back to the old school." At least when these Little Brother types do it, it's credible in addition to being boring, but last I checked Christina was singing "Dirty" in a boxing ring.

• Christina is very annyoing to me.

why premo chose to give Xina any beats(getting paid son) i dont know but his shit is and always was bangin forever locos...........

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Framed photo of The Mack at Taco Bell behind Christina. Boundless genius.

HAHA.. I was wondering if anyone would notice!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Christina is very annyoing to me.

why premo chose to give Xina any beats(getting paid son) i dont know but his shit is and always was bangin forever locos...........

According to that interview in Scratch a few months back, she approached him directly and said she wanted to work with him.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Xtina has set the bar for today's R&B singers with this album

Please be serious.

• say what you will...this is one of the best mainstream tunes i've heard in months. it's not totally retro nor is it hip-hop and i like the way she modulates her voice on the second part of the verse. if i ever find myself in some shitty club over the next two months at least i can look forward to hearing this. better than that nausea-inducing track by nelly furtado and timbaland.