Should I pay $65 to see ATCQ?

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
In Detroit, September 1st - sayin' though. $65!?

Comments

• no.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    hell[/b] no.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yes.

Didn't they have male scrippers onstage when you saw them?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    is this at a rave?

oh...and no.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Rampage The Last Man Scout

• ok, how about this. Take the 65 dollars to home depot and buy 65 dollars worth of corn seed. Plant corn seed and when those mature in 60-90 days harvest the corn and each cob will yield another potential 20-30 seeds and so forth for the next 10 years. At this point, all cars will be completely dependent on Ethanol and organic fuel and you, sir, will be sitting on a small fortune. Sell all crops for 100,000$ (inflation ya know??) and invest in an upstart time travel company (it is ten years into the future where said things may or may not yet be possible). Once your time travel product is complete, you can travel back to the early nineties and blissfully listen to Jazz loops and explore the 4 elements all DAY LOOONNNNGGG! And maybe, just maybe, you can pull phife aside and advise him to slow his roll on the dropping random peoples names in his rhymes. Good luck and godspeed early nineties man, may you get home safe.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Rampage The Last Man Scout

In answer to the question of this thread: hell muthafuckin' naw!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yes.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Who's ATCQ?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    ok, how about this. Take the 65 dollars to home depot and buy 65 dollars worth of corn seed. Plant corn seed and when those mature in 60-90 days harvest the corn and each cob will yield another potential 20-30 seeds and so forth for the next 10 years. At this point, all cars will be completely dependent on Ethanol and organic fuel and you, sir, will be sitting on a small fortune. Sell all crops for 100,000$ (inflation ya know??) and invest in an upstart time travel company (it is ten years into the future where said things may or may not yet be possible). Once your time travel product is complete, you can travel back to the early nineties and blissfully listen to Jazz loops and explore the 4 elements all DAY LOOONNNNGGG! And maybe, just maybe, you can pull phife aside and advise him to slow his roll on the dropping random peoples names in his rhymes. Good luck and godspeed early nineties man, may you get home safe.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    A Tribe Called Quest.

And not worth $65.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    A Tribe Called Quest.

And not worth $65.

I know who they are. I'm just funnin'.

• 313313 21 Posts
    I was thinking the same....defintly not worth $65.

• And maybe, just maybe, you can pull phife aside and advise him to slow his roll on the dropping random peoples names in his rhymes.

Why are you hattin' on his best friend Steven at the Home Depot?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    "Now that I got that out my system,
    Let me stab up the track like my name was OJ Simpson"

Worthy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Now that I got that out my system,
    Let me stab up the track like my name was OJ Simpson"

"I packs 'em in like Van Halen
    I work for mine--you, you're freeloadin' like Kato Kaelin"

Dude droppin' "likes" like he was, like, Chino XL-like or something.

• Who the hell you think I am Mr. Belevedere?
    or maybe its Chucky Booker?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    In Detroit, September 1st - sayin' though. $65!?
    Funny thing is, Slum Village is also playing the show. I would have respected a show like this back when The Love Movement came out, but it's a little too late now (RIP Dilla). I'm not even going to pay $30 for a pavilion seat.

Yeah, I think I'll skip out on this one... unless I win a free ticket. That's a great idea actually.

• I don't think anyone can hate on having a crush on Dawn from En Vogue

• Funny thing is, Slum Village is also playing the show. I would have respected a show like this back when The Love Movement[/b] came out,

double

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Considering you can dl their entire catalog for free. I don't think paying 65 bucks is asking alot.

It's not like ur paying it to go see some wasted pop act or some group with one album.

That said, I'm guessing many shows will get cancelled at that price.

• I don't think anyone can hate on having a crush on Dawn from En Vogue

It's not liek honey dip would want to get with him, but just in case he owns more condoms than TLC.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Funny thing is, Slum Village is also playing the show. I would have respected a show like this back when The Love Movement[/b] came out,

double
    Ay, I didn't hate that record. "Find A Way" is one of my favorite ATCQ songs. Plus I ride for that Dilla shit.

Even still, I was just still a super huge fan of Tribe around that time before that album dropped. The SV shit was out and the fact that Jay Dee was involved with both would have been like a double whammy for me.

I'm not against paying for stuff I'd really enjoy seeing, but many of my heroes have disappointed me with their shows. I'm tired of paying $25+ to see sub-par performances by artists that don't got it anymore. I'd rather just listen to my tapes. I would presume a Tribe show would be dope, but I think I'd thinking too much about how much money I had spent. If anything went wrong, I'd be salty.

• Consider the corn/time machine theory. money much better spent. Or better yet, take a honey dip down to Slo's and blow 65 on some hipster baked macaroni and Ghetto Blaster off the tap. Oh hell yes.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    gambit,

Where are they playing (which could make all the difference in Detroit)? I saw them at Clutch Cs many years ago and although the show wasn't very memorable, it was and still is the only time I've seen ATCQ live. It wasn't $65, though. Anyone else on the bill besides Ess Vee?

• Funny thing is, Slum Village is also playing the show. I would have respected a show like this back when The Love Movement[/b] came out,

double
    Ay, I didn't hate that record. "Find A Way" is one of my favorite ATCQ songs. Plus I ride for that Dilla shit.

Even still, I was just still a super huge fan of Tribe around that time before that album dropped. The SV shit was out and the fact that Jay Dee was involved with both would have been like a double whammy for me.

I'm not against paying for stuff I'd really enjoy seeing, but many of my heroes have disappointed me with their shows. I'm tired of paying $25+ to see sub-par performances by artists that don't got it anymore. I'd rather just listen to my tapes. I would presume a Tribe show would be dope, but I think I'd thinking too much about how much money I had spent. If anything went wrong, I'd be salty.

yeah, I'm a bit of an anomoly in that I thought Midnight Marauders was the beginning of the end for Tribe for me. I did like Start It Up off Love Movement though...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Consider the corn/time machine theory. money much better spent. Or better yet, take a honey dip down to Slo's and blow 65 on some hipster baked macaroni and Ghetto Blaster off the tap. Oh hell yes.
    you know I'm hip.

Yeah, that's going down for my ACTUAL birthday coming up in a few weeks holmes. ROFL @ "hipster baked macaroni." Then I'm hitting that spot Pampa's in Birmingham for the Brazilian meat extravaganza and the seriously tough buffet spread. I'm not sure if the Spice Program is still active, but Pampa's should be added to that joint.
    I guess I'll be taxing folks far enough with those two places to eat, so that's even more incentive to stay at home for that show.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    gambit,

Where are they playing (which could make all the difference in Detroit)? Anyone else on the bill besides Ess Vee?
    @ Chene Park (an ampitheater-style joint along the Detroit River - the park section seats are $30)
    All I know is those two at the moment, I'm sure the usual suspects will probably open, which turns me off from the show.
    They need to add someone like Black Sheep to make me attend that show at that price. SV barely packs the Blind Pig these days - sad to say.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    dude i think $65 for ATCQ is way too much. that's more than how much my Prince ticket cost. come on. i can't imagine them being that great now. and how big is the venue? is this like a shoreline amphitheater thing?