Vacation Strut...

DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
So I'm going to VA Beach next week and am wondering if anyone who lives around that area or has been before can hip me to some cool places to:buy clotheseatrecords (duh)and just plain cool things to check out while I'm there. also, any shows going on between Aug. 10-13?

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Cheap souvenirs, mini golf, coed naked beach gear. I went last summer with my fiance and we wished someone had warned us how much it sucks. We made the best of it and had fun, but we would never go back. There is one good restaurant called Zoe's. They have intesting and rally well made stuff. Not your usual fried fish bullshit. Good luck.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    So I'm going to VA Beach next week and am wondering if anyone who lives around that area or has been before can hip me to some cool places to:

buy clothes
    eat
    records (duh)

and just plain cool things to check out while I'm there.

also, any shows going on between Aug. 10-13?

VA beach sucks for records. I spent a day driving around, hit 8 thrifts and struck out. There are a few decent record shops if you want to drive around all day. Broadway Ernie's in Portsmouth and American Oldies in Newport News to name a couple. Other than that, just chill.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    ever since i was pulled over in VA for "barely" speeding, i denounced that place as a state. i will drive through West Va and Kentucky just to bypass that place.