For anyone amazed at those white/black PSP ads

dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Not sure if this has been discussed here at all, but in the June 2006 mag of Previews:Go, copy editor, go!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ...paging Jay Leno...

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    At a flea market I used to frequent in South Carolina, there was always a NASCAR-memorabilia dude selling Race Cards.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I remember when my best friend and I went to this backwater town in Florida to see Ralph Stanley perform live. Lots of people selling novelty license plates, from the pregnant woman w/ shotgun screaming "GET BACK HERE, CHARLIE BROWN!" and "To hell with the housework, I'm going to Bingo!" to "Heritage not Hate" and "White Pride"

*shudder*

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Between 1988 and 1992, I attended a Southern high school that had been integrated in Nineteen-Hundred and Seventy-Two. Owing to time and place, I saw lots and lots of starred-and-barred "You Wear Your 'X' And I'll Wear Mine!" jernts (in addition to much fouler shit).

There was also some "Buckwheat Surf Team" t-shirt-borne weirdness that, to this day, I have difficulty parsing (racism and/or kitsch?). That might have just been regional, though.