A Couple Motor City RMX's

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
MOTOWN that is... *coughshouttoDORcough*These might need a lil touching up, a likkle rough, but I thought ya'll might like 'em.Gladys Knight and The Pips - I Heard It Thru The Grapevine Morse Code RMXand on the more sorta tip:Diana Ross - Love Hangover Morse Code RMX

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

This is what I was hoping would happen.

GIVE ME MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    MOTOWN that is... *coughshouttoDORcough*

These might need a lil touching up, a likkle rough, but I thought ya'll might like 'em.

Gladys Knight and The Pips - I Heard It Thru The Grapevine Morse Code RMX

and on the more sorta tip:

Diana Ross - Love Hangover Morse Code RMX

They work really well, I think. The vocal sits nicely on the track in both cases. Maybe the Gladys vocal could be re-edited a little so's it fits the verses on "Crazy" a little better, but the ideas themselves are good. The Diana Ross/T.I. blend is good mixtape material.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Thanks. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Gladys Knight hooks are matched with the beat? The Diana Ross on the other hand is sorta more random...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Thanks. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Gladys Knight hooks are matched with the beat? The Diana Ross on the other hand is sorta more random...

Oh no, it matches with the beat fine. It's just that, in "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", the verses are six bars long, whereas they're eight-measure lengths in "Crazy", so the chorus on "Grapevine" doesn't sync up with the chorus in "Crazy". It hardly matters, though, and it sounds good anyway.