- warning - many pics and self congratulations

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
We finally finished the shelves for our wall records here and it really looks like a record store now. so i thought i'd share a few pics.(and sneak in a couple from our grand opening) it feels really good to have worked hard and put this place together over the last three or four months. thanks to everyone on here i know and anyone and everyone that's helped me along the way.dave my hommie patrick aka hobo_d, couldn't have done it without you.nathan and nataliegene and the gentle reignari

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Fresh!!! Congratulations!!!

BTW, how much for that Latin Lovers LP? I bought one for $8 last year only to come home and find some bullshit easy listening record inside.

Got my money back the next day and kept the sleeve juuuuuuust in case.

Herm

• thanks herm.

BTW, how much for that Latin Lovers LP?

$85

about that one, really all the essential GCP you need...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Looks like a real solid shop!
    Nice work!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Coolhands,

Where is your shop located? Maybe I can check it out when I'm in your area. Congratulations!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Looks wonderful dude!

Congrats, for real. I am really (REALLY) trying to make Austin this year, hope to check it out in person.

Hope to have you back up this way soon too, lots has changed in my shop and I am about to PM you for some carpentry pointers!!!

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    The Store looks insanely tight.Can't wait to come visit.

chris

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    displays look great.
    and no doubt well stacked.
    looking forward to stopping in on return visits to austin once i leave these parts....
    best of luck in your official title as dealer extraordinaire.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm proud to announce that any time that I have visited Friends of Sound that I've been greeted with a smile.

• I'm proud to announce that any time that I have visited Friends of Sound that I've been greeted with a smile.

Now THAT's funny.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    looks dope. can you please post more pics of the outside/entrance and the checkout counter/cash register. peace, stein. . .

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Coolhands,

Where is your shop located?[/b] Maybe I can check it out when I'm in your area. Congratulations!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Hey Coolhands,

Where is your shop located?[/b] Maybe I can check it out when I'm in your area. Congratulations!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

off south congress, austin texas
    can't wait to check it in 3 months !

• looks dope. can you please post more pics of the outside/entrance and the checkout counter/cash register. peace, stein. . .

Also where do you keep the large denominations and Holy Grails?

• wow, that "store" right there looks pretty good i also see you got a lot of nice records top quality old hiphop too

• I'm proud to announce that any time that I have visited Friends of Sound that I've been greeted with a smile.

this had me rolling.

where have you been r****t?

• thanks for all the warm wishes fellas.

and thanks for hooking up the location *i*.

i don't know how jonny stays up on these boards like he does. happy to hook up on the bob villa vibe. i may come to nyc this fall, i'll let you know in advance. i drop out for days at a time dealing with the real world.

can't wait to see everyone at the show. i'll work on getting a few more pics this week.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Wow, that store looks great, I need to cop on of these trap door vinyls, is the track list different to the CD?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Fuck yo shelves fool. Hook me up with that fine woman that works in the modern furniture spot around the corner!

I mean way to go, good work. I'll be back soon enough, there is some dates set but of course I don't know when that is.

b.

• That Henri Guedon LP in your DJ friend crate is

One of my top spring find,

• i don't know how jonny stays up on these boards like he does. happy to hook up on the bob villa vibe. i may come to nyc this fall, i'll let you know in advance. i drop out for days at a time dealing with the real world.

hahaha, ooooh, it'll get easier...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    thanks for all the warm wishes fellas.

Hey, D**e, allow me to add my warmest regards and best of luck on the new shop! Looks like a blast!

Next time I am down in your neck of the woods I will def stop by!

And of course you always have a guide to some hot spots in DC should you make it up this way anytime....I am just a PM away!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

where have you been r****t?

This summer I've spent too much on records and still not enough on trips to Port Aransas.