Just PAPPED Eddy Senay- Step by Step

ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Got this for a real deal. I have been to record conventions and have seen this and Hot Thang for $100+. I managed to scrape a mint copy of Step by Step for $2.50 at Zern's. A farmer's market in the heart of KKK country in Boyertown, PA.

Comments

• have seen this and Hot Thang for $100+.

That is a $30 record. And the dealers pull up in Rolls Royce's at these conventions?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Congrats man, I think I copped mine for $10 last a year ago or so.

I don't think that record is really all that great. That one song Pete Rock sampled is cool but on a whole that record gets a little redundant.

HOLLER

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I don't think that record is really all that great. That one song Pete Rock sampled is cool but on a whole that record gets a little redundant.

HOLLER

Yea, highly overrated. $2.50 - 10...cool. $100......

Good players, but basically a standard instrumental LP. (i.e. redundant)

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

HOLLER

What that from that spot in L.A. that we went to?

P.S. I know a girl named S*nay and she's bangin'.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

HOLLER

What that from that spot in L.A. that we went to?

P.S. I know a girl named S*nay and she's bangin'.

Post a pic, son!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Is that girl Senay's clit bigger than a penis?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Got this for a real deal. I have been to record conventions and have seen this and Hot Thang for $100+. I managed to scrape a mint copy of Step by Step for $2.50 at Zern's. A farmer's market in the heart of KKK country in Boyertown, PA.

Tha fuck you doing in Zern's!!???

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Is that girl Senay's clit bigger than a penis?

Hopefully I'll find out soon enough *Pasue (?)*

• Tha fuck you doing in Zern's!!???

What's this, someone blowin' up Raj's spot?!?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I don't think (Eddy Senay's STEP BY STEP) is really all that great...on a whole that record gets a little redundant...highly overrated. Good players, but basically a standard instrumental LP. (i.e. redundant)

Strangely enough, that's the way I've always felt about Eddy's labelmate Dennis Coffey. After his hit "Scorpio" the pickings are slim to none for that guy...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't think (Eddy Senay's STEP BY STEP) is really all that great...on a whole that record gets a little redundant...highly overrated. Good players, but basically a standard instrumental LP. (i.e. redundant)

Strangely enough, that's the way I've always felt about Eddy's labelmate Dennis Coffey. After his hit "Scorpio" the pickings are slim to none for that guy...

wow, I really dig pretty much everything on Evolution, Goin' for Myself, Electric Coffey, most of Finger Lickin' Good, and the "Black Belt Jones" 45 is just sick...not that I expect to sway you, I'm just surprised.

I've only got Senay on a couple of 45's, and the only one I really feel is "Ain't No Sunshine," which is definitely dope - and a surprise as the winning side, being a rather downtempo tune, while the flip, "Hot Thang" had a promising name but is actually a straight bluesy track...

• 100 for hot thang? dang. i got hot thang for cheap, and have had a harder time finding a copy of step by step. holler anyone if you got a trade for step by step.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

wow, I really dig pretty much everything on Evolution, Goin' for Myself, Electric Coffey, most of Finger Lickin' Good, and the "Black Belt Jones" 45 is just sick...not that I expect to sway you, I'm just surprised.

Wanted to like him, but a lot of his stuff just kinda blends in the background, IMO.

I've only got Senay on a couple of 45's, and the only one I really feel is "Ain't No Sunshine," which is definitely dope - and a surprise as the winning side, being a rather downtempo tune, while the flip, "Hot Thang" had a promising name but is actually a straight bluesy track...

Now Senay is alright with me. I just have the HOT THANG album, and the bluesy title track works for me, kinda like something U.S. Warren woulda done. While I loved "Ain't No Sunshine" as well, it's just a serviceable cover version of a hit by Sussex Records' biggest artist. (Boogaloo Joe Jones, on the other hand, did a LOWDOWN "Ain't No Sunshine" on his WHAT IT IS album...now THAT is something to hear.)

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I think the sound library had it for $40, if I remember correctly.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You know, I pretty much agree. There are a couple of other cuts I like on Evolution--like his cover of "Whole Lotta Love"--but that LP is really all the Dennis Coffey anybody needs.