Why did YZ diss PRT?

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Just got YZ???s debut LP ???Sons of the farther??? yesterday, I kind of missed the boat by about 16 years on realising just how good this LP is. It sounds good now at the time it must have been amazing.Anyway, on the track ???diss fe liar??? YZ has a right go at PRT especially Wise Intelligent! Can anyone tell me if there is a background story to this beef? Or did YZ just not agree with PRT???s lyric???s/beliefs?

Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts
    http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=282

We were gonna put it out on Diversity records which was owned by Tim Baylor and YZ. That fell through because they were playing around, they wanted to procrastinate and put all these other guys out before we got out and we didn???t have the patience for all that. We livin??? in the projects and they wanted to put out dudes that was living in the suburbs, out in West Windsor, who???s moms and dads is lawyers and shit. So we were like man, give us our reel back. He didn???t want to give us our reel, he wanted to make us pay for the reel so that???s when the projects come out of you. 12 dudes on his porch ripping the screen door off to get the damn reel, man.

N: And you and YZ weren???t exactly friendly after that. I remember you were throwing some jabs back and forth later on.
    W: Definitely, that???s what really started it all. So after that we took the record back around our way, in the projects. Sittin on the bench in the projects with a quarter inch reel. What we gonna do with a quarter inch reel in the projects? That???s when IQ, Anthony ???IQ??? Gray, he lived in the building next door to us, right next door to Culture. And he said, ???yo, I got a label, North Side Records, I???ll put the single out, no problem.??? So he put the single out and it was on and poppin ever since then

yz's version of the story

???One day Tony and I were driving around Trenton and we stopped @ this BBQ. There weren???t a lot of people there but the ones that were there knew who we were. One of the kids ran off to get this emcee he knew to come meet us. The kid came through and we both spit to some tracks in this back yard. I told Tony that I thought the kid was nice and we should do something with him. Tony got with the kid and two of the kids partners and recorded a demo. The kid and his crew signed to Diversity Records. We were excited about it because they were hot. Tony D and the group then cut a deal with North side Records. The problem was they were still signed to Diversity. The next time we saw them they treated us like we were the enemy. Tim didn???t want to give in. But I knew if we held on to them it wouldn???t have been good for anybody. The group released a single on the North side Records. The song was Time to say peace/Butt naked booty bless. The kid was Wise Intelligent the group was Poor Righteous Teachers. So you here from my own words, we love these brothers. We would have never done anything to harm them. I also have to say I wasn???t mad @ North side Records either they were doing what he had to do. ???