Gang Starr & M.O.P instrumental question

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Did they release an instrumental LP for Moment Of Truth?What about MOP's Warriorz LP?peace!

Comments

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Did they release an instrumental LP for Moment Of Truth?

What about MOP's Warriorz LP?

peace!

As far as i know, the answer to both is no...

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    Tony Touch used the Itz A Set Up beat on a mixtape. Was this song released on 12"?

premier' best beats is on theese 2 albums!

That song wasn't on a 12" but Tony Touch could have been using one of those "DJ Premier Unreleased Beats" bootlegs that were put out, there were loads of them, with looped and some proper versions of stuff from various years including Above The Clouds etc... in fact, some of the beats on those weren't even his i heard...

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    Itz A Set Up wasn't on those bootleg. I had them all, but sold most of them cause they suck. Yes, some of the beats wasn't even premier. They tried to loop the Gang Starr - Battle beat. They chopped it up and it sounds maaad off beat..

HAHA

What about the instrumentals they used live?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Tony Touch used the Itz A Set Up beat on a mixtape. Was this song released on 12"?

premier' best beats is on theese 2 albums!

Is it heresy to suggest that the best beats on "Warriorz" were the non-Primo beats? When I say "non-Primo" beats, I'm excluding "Ante Up" here, as that's obviously a no-brainer.

Live they would use show vinyl that Premo pressed up himself, so yeah technically they'd exist, but not officially, and it'll be really hard to track them down, i know the instros for Daily Operation sold for alot of money for the same reason...