Should I Quit My Job?

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Ferrari,

Why not go on a job search while continuing to work there? That is essentially what I'm doing right now, as I hate living in Milwaukee. I like the university I work for, but I can't stand the regressive, rednecky nature of Beertown. I don't see why you have to quit and then find other employment. It allows you greater choice and bargaining power in negotiating salary to be currently employed. Plus, while continuing to work, you'll increase your credentials even more, which will make you more competitive in finding new employment. Don't let your emotions override the power of reason. Best of luck!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Hey Ferrari,

Why not go on a job search while continuing to work there? That is essentially what I'm doing right now, as I hate living in Milwaukee. I like the university I work for, but I can't stand the regressive, rednecky nature of Beertown. I don't see why you have to quit and then find other employment. It allows you greater choice and bargaining power in negotiating salary to be currently employed. Don't let your emotions override the power of reason. Best of luck!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thanks man... this is what I'm going to do. I think on impulse, but luckily I don't act on it

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Asking smoked out record dudes if you should quit your well paying job is like asking patients in a mental hospital if you should kill yourself.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Asking smoked out record dudes if you should quit your well paying job is like asking patients in a mental hospital if you should kill yourself.

Haha... nah man, you can trust the Soulstrut collective for sound advice (stress on collective)