CHI-TILLA WHATS GOOD AUGUST 11TH-ISH ?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
YES! YOU DONE READETH RIGHT!I might be in Chicago just for the weekend, What's good? All I know are these things:1). The mercury will mercuryin' (read:HOT AS SHIT)2). I want to meet my man Trew3). I want to have to a blast.Anything dope going on in terms of club nights and/or shows? Will the Windy C-strutters come "see me in the streets"?

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Hooked on Phonix,

I won't be in Chicago anymore when you arrive in August, but the brethren (we ain't got no chicks in the Chicago gaylord posse, except for Dreas' girlfriend sometimes) damn straight better show you how to stay cool in all the summer hot spots.

In case they let you down, spending all day in the Art Institute is always a good way to beat the heat. If you want the most supremely divey karaoke of all time, I recommend that you GET A HIGH ON SINGING AT THE CAFE BONG.

Windy C-ya later,
    JRoot

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    yo I think we might be DJing some 45s dere.

could be life changing.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    we're layin slab at Vertigo on the 12th. Details Im sure will follow in the Announcemnts section. SLAB

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    it's practically official. i'll be there the 11th to the 14th.

NIGEL I'MMA SEE YOU

NIGEL I'MMA SEE YOU

Pshhh! Nigel hasn't posted in this bitch.

• flyer soon. working right now. toast is busy man. aug 12th records to put you on brainnumbs. get at.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

NIGEL I'MMA SEE YOU

haha.. p*t**c*, it's on my man.. if you're free on friday, we can connect. otherwise the 1200s are yours on saturday. that thing at vertigo sounds cool though..

castled: who all's laying slab on the 12th?

NIGEL I'MMA SEE YOU

haha.. p*t**c*, it's on my man.. if you're free on friday, we can connect. otherwise the 1200s are yours on saturday. that thing at vertigo sounds cool though..

castled: who all's laying slab on the 12th?

the dude coma toast was asking here who wants to spin! Seems like just me and the ogre are going to rock it so far. I think whoever else wants to do it with us can, that is, if you want to 'rock it'.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm in. More info, please.

• boo-yah! hoo-rah! and all that sangin'

be there

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    boo-yah! hoo-rah! and all that sangin'

be there

damn, dcast is the headliner?

bring that heat.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    whoever else wants to do it with us

"Ladies, the line forms to the left."

But alls I want to know is this: Am I gonna be able to get on the mic up in there and, you know, speak the truth? Danny's isn't ready for the lightning show, so they're always cuffing me over there ("Next month, dude--next month...")--is this Vertigo jernt gonna let me be me? I am saying here and now that if someone is prepared to rock doubles of the fatally epic piano stomp intro to that Scorpio & Nem "Unforgiven" jernt (Yo, pardon--that shit's been on my mind all week), then I am prepared to sprinkle the assembled with their choice of a) divine mathematics, b) real words, or c) actual facts--perhaps even some d) knowledge jewels. Taste the science.

Nah, I don't know if I'm gonna bring any records for to play, but I'm gonna try to come through.

• I'm always down. Give me a ring Dave.