Elliot Smith records

Campag_RecordCampag_Record 238 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Just been watching Figure 8 by Elliot Smith sell for $200 and 48 bids!!As Big Daddy magazine once said "Seems like only yesterday you could go into a shop and buy this record....wait a minute, it was"!Noticed the guy who won it had also bought the same record as a buy it now for $140 Is it just this Elliot Smith LP that commands loot or what? Are they're quite a few records in this genre selling for big money?Cheers. (XO is a much better LP IMHO)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

(XO is a much better LP IMHO)

I agree and I have that LP so let me know when you find out

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Some of Elliott's other records are worth some money too. I think the first record "roman candle" goes for a bit. Also Ween, Modest Mouse, Ugly Cassanova and Wilco(especially Summerteeth) are some indie things that are in demand.

• (XO is a much better LP IMHO)

I agree and I have that LP so let me know when you find out

Damn! Wish I'd got that on vinyl at the time (was in a CD period only for a couple of years )

• Some of Elliott's other records are worth some money too. I think the first record "roman candle" goes for a bit. Also Ween, Modest Mouse, Ugly Cassanova and Wilco(especially Summerteeth) are some indie things that are in demand.

Thanks for that mate. Looks like his earlier LP's have been re-released, if the amount available on-line are anything to go by.

I suppose with the limited pressings these things get its not a total shock but I thought $200 was very high for something so recent.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Look up Elliott Smith on www.popsike.com, its pretty crazy.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Whoa. That 180 gram press of XO is just what I have too. Hmmm....

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    If I kill myself, will my record collection go up in value?

I'll be the sensitive dead collectro.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    it wasn't too long ago that i could find sealed copies of XO. i procrastinated and never picked up a copy, now i'm regretting it big time.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Whoa. That 180 gram press of XO is just what I have too. Hmmm....

Day, do it. Copped one for cheap around November/Dec 2005 and I sold it this year for $150+. Sold a Tool LP and a Beatles LP with the original shrink and yellow sticker out of the same buy for um, yeah.

Rock raerz =