Another Dud Ebayer

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Just recieved retalitory feedback from a seller who I won an item from in May... Paid him promptly and waited for my item to arrive via airmail...1 month later still no record, so I contact him explaing the situation and he promises it will arrive "soon"...So its now July still no record I contact him again and try to negotiate some sort of refund, no joy so try to file with ebay with no result there either...I leave him factual neg feedback "NO RECORD, NO REFUND, AVOID !"Only to recieve the following, "fraud. beware of this bidder. not honest. no communication."Now neg feedback is something we just have to live with but its the lies that bother me...Is there anything I can do as I contacted him through ebay ??? Any tips appreciated...Oh and his i.d. is "hiphopjoints"

Comments

• There's two possibilities that I'm aware of to get that negative removed from your record. You and the seller can mutually agree to withdraw each other's feedbacks. I'm not sure what steps are involved but I know it's possible. The second possibility is sometimes when someone gets kicked off ebay (for violating policies, etc.) the feedback they've left for other people gets erased as well. Good luck.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    never leave negative feedback

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

fuck that...just take the hit. it's better than letting these pieces of shit get away with being pieces of shit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

fuck that...just take the hit. it's better than letting these pieces of shit get away with being pieces of shit.

Yeah, I have two negative feedbacks, both from buyers for whom I left positive feedback. One of them came from mailing out a record about a week late (my fault) the other because I didn't leave the buyer positive feedback fast enough. Rather than get bent out of shape about it, I look at the hundreds of positives I have. I think most buyers won't be deterred unless you have an extrodinary amount of bad feedback in a short period of time. Most intelligent folk realize that disagreements are bound to pop up now and then.

As for leaving negative feedback, I do it for all[/b] non-paying bidders who don't bother to contact me.

yeah I mean whenever I get retaliatory feedback I just respond to it and say "this dude ripped me off, this is retaliatory". I also try to leave negative feedback a week or so before I'm about to sell a bunch of shit, so when I get retaliatory negatives it gets buried in positives quickly.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

You should look into the advantages of "feedback sniping."

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

Any tips appreciated...Oh and his i.d. is "hiphopjoints"

I've bought from this dude in the past. He's pretty solid from my experience. In fact, he just hooked me up with a 12" I was looking for. Waiting for a package since May is NAGL, though.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Any tips appreciated...Oh and his i.d. is "hiphopjoints"

Waiting for a package since May is NAGL, though.

Looks like I'm not the only one with issues with him...

http://www.vinylexchange.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1870&highlight=hiphopjoints

I've been checking his feedback and he seems to be a more than a little

don't think you can do this anymore.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

don't think you can do this anymore.

No you can't unfortunately, when you leave feedback it extends the time allowed for them to reply...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I thought there was a limit to how many negatives you could have before ebay gave you the boot. Seems like they let this shit slide nowadays. Ebay sucks donkey dick, even though its a necessary donkey dick.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    you can have a million negatives, but if you receive 3 "unpaid item" notices, then you're done.