Wheres the post about Noz's ethering of LB?

2»

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I actually like the Percy Miracles and Foreign Exchange stuff more than L.B. ( Phonte as a "r&b dude" > a rapper).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    aficionado on what black people like and don't like

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    that pic is from little brothers myspace page. it is the only concert crowd picture on their page that isn't from the infamous fayatteville show. it is presented with the caption "Thanks white people. Without you there'd be no LB." I made no suggestions about their audience that they themselves didn't make.

and i cropped the canvas to 225 pixels right down the middle as to fit in frame with the other one. come on now. i'd expect this sort shit slinging from okp, but not even from the worst of you guys.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Whether noz cropped the photo of 90% white people into 95% white people or not...

Whether noz got the BET scenario backwards or not...

The heart of the matter is that Phonte openly blamed the Fayetteville audience not liking LB's set on that crowd, whatever their race, being too dumb to appreciate LB.

Phonte should definitely be called out for such garbation....especially when he goes on OkayPlayer after noz's article comes out and denies ever saying such a thing...and then goes back on his myspace page only to openly reiterate that the people who don't like LB are "drones".

As I mentioned the other day, I have been somewhat of a fan of LB. I've been to one of their shows and for the most part I liked it. I've met Phonte and he seemed like a cool dude. I have no axe to grind.

I would think from what I know of noz that he's in a similar situation.

But the extent of bullshit that exudes from an artist who blames his own failures on an audience of rap fans being too dumb to know what they really like deserves to have a million blogs simultaneously cry foul.

Kudos to noz...although I would say to him, journalist to journalist, to make sure to get all of his facts straight and his game a little tighter next time he decides to call an artist out as such. That way the focus doesn't get shifted from the actual bullshit at hand to a bunch of sideshow incidentals.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Deeeeeez Nuts Says:

July 19th, 2006 at 1:28 pm
    The author cropped out the black people in the picture on the left. He cut it right down the middle, to make it as ???white??? as possible. Take a look at the real picture:

http://myspace-811.vo.llnwd.net/00941/11/84/941034811_l.jpg

Yooooooooo? WHAT THE FUCK?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Deeeeeez Nuts Says:

The author cropped out the black people in the picture on the left. He cut it right down the middle, to make it as ???white??? as possible. Take a look at the real picture:

I couldn't get that image to load before... but now that I see it, that crop job is

Oh what!?

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    "If we don't climax we can't blame you" AG

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Kudos to noz...although I would say to him, journalist to journalist, to make sure to get all of his facts straight and his game a little tighter next time he decides to call an artist out as such. That way the focus doesn't get shifted from the actual bullshit at hand to a bunch of sideshow incidentals.

Robert you're absolutely right. There were some loose ends I should've tied up before hitting submit. Sometimes not having an editor works in my favor, this time it did not.

Honestly I shouldn't have even done the split crowd thing if I had know it'd gotten people all that worked up. It had nothing to do with my thesis, I don't even discuss race (aside from the coffee shop chicks and white dudes quip). In looking at their myspace page and noticing the contrast I just thought it would make for a humorous footnote (again, this is something that the group themselves explicitly points out).

As for the BET situation, after rereading the article I can understand the confusion. My point was that they are "complaining about how they???re too smart for BET [according to bet]". Not "complaining about how [they think] they're too smart for BET". The SOHH cites 9th Wonder as their source, so it would seem that he was the one who gave that story legs. I provide a direct link to that article on XXL, but a lot of message boards just cut and posted my whole post, further muddling things.

You live and you learn though. Sometimes it's easy to forget that, in the eyes of the public, I am representing XXL (despite what the disclaimer may say) and that I'm not just posting a rant on soulstrut.

I would just like to point out that Noz clipped out - by my count - 8 Black people, out of what looks like a crowd of hundreds.

The witch hunt attitude around this place stinks sometimes... especially because all of you are some whiteboys too.

Except Patrick - he just grew up in the 'burbs!

yup! still caught plenty of racial slurs, odd looks, and suspect-ass questions though

but that's my bad ya know; the whole suburb thing... you know having parents come here with nothing but a suitcase then busting their asses and provide a good life for themselves and their children.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What do you know about not turning things into a circus?

I'm just asking.

yup! still caught plenty of racial slurs, odd looks, and suspect-ass questions though

but that's my bad ya know; the whole suburb thing... you know having parents come here with nothing but a suitcase then busting their asses and provide a good life for themselves and their children.

Dude you know I'm just fucking with you, dag.

YEAH! WHATEVER KEMETIC SUN!

Post your Fundamentals cassettes or you're soft!

Post your Fundamentals cassettes or you're soft!

Man I wish I had some of them still. I really haven't listened to that stuff in almost like 10 years. I still need that AMBERSUNSHINE CRACK!

(THIS AIN'T BRUJERIA THIS AIN'T NO SANTERIA!)

Inspired by you and Noz, I am remastering it for CD release.

I still have the old 4 track tapes!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

I've never heard it but I can promise gushing cocaineblunts and/or xxl reviews.

And I'll crop all the white people out of your show photos.

ha. Naw I went to go see JPaycheeks years ago at Stanford. I remember them dudes had a flag on stage, it caught a lot of people off guard.

ha. Naw I went to go see JPaycheeks years ago at Stanford. I remember them dudes had a flag on stage, it caught a lot of people off guard.

Oh shit you were at that!

That was one of my first times behind turntables in front of hella people.... and I think I was just cueing a DAT.

That show was fun and the crowd was chill. Lan and Walt put that on I think?

you're not ready for my instrumental hip-hop album.

Oh shit you were at that!

best believe i had my kufi on since dudes was squirting puppy water.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

That's when you were going by Jonny P-Flag, right?

That's when you were going by Jonny P-Flag, right?

Wow... you probably have me confused with Dutchboy, from the crew Rainbow Flava

Who's down with your boys The Deep Dickollective

... but uh, that's not me dude.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Wow... you probably have me confused with Dutchboy

I know Dutchboy. He's a good guy.

And for the record, I didn't actually think that was you.

You may now return to watching Project Runway 3.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

What do you know about not turning things into a circus?

I'm just asking.

See my orderly published work versus my diorderly internet mayhem.

Seriously, you should discover a marked difference.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I thought noz was on point as always.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Deeeeeez Nuts Says:

I couldn't get that image to load before... but now that I see it, that crop job is

Oh what!?

Yes.

The part of this discussion that is related to who's got the blackest audience is irresponsible. Demographics in this country (and the world) require a certain amount of crossover for success. Most of us are partial to the Outkast vs. BEP representation of this.

The bottom line I get from noz is that being all about throwback is weak and demonstrates little artistic integrity. This integrity involves risk taking and innovation that moves music forward. This is important and when it's lost, hip hop is lost. (for example see rock and roll).