Wheres the post about Noz's ethering of LB?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Shit has the rest of the internets going nuts. I must have missed it on here or something right? PLease direct me.

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i think the whole article was much ado about nothing. phonte's post-show rant was, at worst, naive, and only because it seemed like he didn't understand WHY people weren't jumping up and down for Little Brother....the simple answer being that LB doesnt make people get hype.

i dont like the article because it assumes, incorrectly, that there is a meritocracy behind music sales and correspondingly, musical trends. Phonte's response hit the nail on the head when he said that "people are told what to like". if an LB song made its way onto the 10 song rotation of your local urban radio station, i guarantee people would have shown more enthusiasm. "if" being the key word, since LB obviously isn't making music right now which record companies would even push to get in the top ten. something that LB clearly understands themselves if u look at Phonte's response.

also, if rap fans wouldn't appreciate Mecca and the Soul brother now, that tells you more about the Record Execs than it does about the fans. again, they determine which songs get played on the radio. i'm not denying the appeal of summer hits like "its goin down", but its also easily replaceable. we'll see how these "hits" stand the test of time.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tHe tRaNsIeNt Says:

July 18th, 2006 at 1:52 pm
    u a faggit ass white rap nerd 2 noz

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

Thats THAT dude!!!!!!!! holy shit!!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i dont like the article

It's not an article. It's a blog entry--just like Phonte's initial comment was.

You know what would make my cipher complete?

If Noz were to refer to Phonte's recorded output as "doo-doo on a stick" in his next blog entry.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I want to hear a Noz diss on the next gangsta grillz LB mixtape.

tHe tRaNsIeNt Says:

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

Come on now... I know I'm not the only strutter old enough to be bugging off of this.

Or maybe the old strutters are too tired to click on threads like this.....

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    old strutters are too tired to click on threads like this.....

yessir, true of most "hip hop/rap" thraeds these days

DB, !

If I remember correctly that dude lived in north county.......

I want to hear a Noz diss on the next gangsta grillz LB mixtape.

I want them to sic the white dude in their crew on the boy. Lyrically.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    If I remember correctly that dude lived in north county.......

eek
    now that I think of it, maybe it's someone I know actually
    I'll ask him

Transient = L13?
    L13 was in NYC, right?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    haha.

makes me wonder though. did lb just not have enough dudes on stage with mikes?

and yes dizzy, there are others out there who get excited when there is a TRanSieNt spotting on the internets.

makes me wonder though. did lb just not have enough dudes on stage with mikes towels?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    hip hop towel men are a whole nother thread. although it did just give me an idea for a parody of the 'weed carriers' blog......

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

i dont like the article

This is what people don't get.

I know blogging is some grey area but people really want to overblow blog entries into something akin to XXL putting out a cover story that says, "Fuck Little Brother!"

People really lack perspective.

i dont like the article

I know blogging is some grey area but people really want to overblow blog entries into something akin to XXL putting out a cover story that says, "Fuck Little Brother!"

Yes. As well as a basic ability to read:

The contents of this blog do not reflect the opinions, practices or standards of XXLMAG.com, XXL Magazine or Harris Publications. They are the sole viewpoint and property of the respective columnist.

Another thing that has annoyed the hell out of me in this brouhaha is all the internet-illiterates referring to "blog entries" as "blogs"--as if Noz had a blog wholly devoted to hating on Little Brother.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    tHe tRaNsIeNt Says:

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

Come on now... I know I'm not the only strutter old enough to be bugging off of this.

Or maybe the old strutters are too tired to click on threads like this.....

Yeah I was it yesterday and thought to myself "nahhhh..."

i dont like the article

The contents of this blog do not reflect the opinions, practices or standards of XXLMAG.com, XXL Magazine or Harris Publications. They are the sole viewpoint and property of the respective columnist.

Another thing that has annoyed the hell out of me in this brouhaha is all the internet-illiterates referring to "blog entries" as "blogs"--as if Noz had a blog wholly devoted to hating on Little Brother.

The fussiness displayed in the above exchange is simply outlandish.

i dont like the article

The fassiness displayed in the above comment is simply outlandish.

i dont like the article

The fassiness displayed in the above comment is simply outlandish.
    You obviously didn't read the disclaimer.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

brilliant.

I really don't care about this whole thing, but I thought this was funny.

2). a whole lot of self-loathing happening the internet this past week.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    man i can't even read those comments any more. after they broke about 100 it started crashing my browser. how many more conscious rap fans have called me a fag?

Deeeeeez Nuts Says:

July 19th, 2006 at 1:28 pm
    The author cropped out the black people in the picture on the left. He cut it right down the middle, to make it as ???white??? as possible. Take a look at the real picture:

http://myspace-811.vo.llnwd.net/00941/11/84/941034811_l.jpg

Yooooooooo? WHAT THE FUCK?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    they're pretty conscious of your sexuality!
    zing!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Deeeeeez Nuts Says:

The author cropped out the black people in the picture on the left. He cut it right down the middle, to make it as ???white??? as possible. Take a look at the real picture:

I couldn't get that image to load before... but now that I see it, that crop job is

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Deeeeeez Nuts Says:

I couldn't get that image to load before... but now that I see it, that crop job is

i agree. also, if noz is not black, then its also suspect for him to speculate that black people don't like little brother and/or that LB isn't making music black people appreciate. you obviously photoshopped those pictures to make a point. if you wanna say LB has no fans, ok, but unless your an aficionado on what black people like and don't like, it seems like you should stay away from generalizations (and photoshopping). even if the pic was an all-white crowd, it wouldn't prove your suggestive point/inference.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I know more black fans of little brother than white ones.
    Nonetheless, noz is on point.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    aficionado on what black people like and don't like