putting tracks on long MP3 files

DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I record my live sets directly from the mixer/soundboard using my iRiver player. The sound quality is fine, but I'd like to be able to put tracks throughout the file instead of having one long 250 minute track.Yeah, I'm that far behind. Suggestions for free software to do simple edits of sounds files would be great. Thank you.peace

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I record my live sets directly from the mixer/soundboard using my iRiver player. The sound quality is fine, but I'd like to be able to put tracks throughout the file instead of having one long 250 minute track.

Yeah, I'm that far behind. Suggestions for free software to do simple edits of sounds files would be great. Thank you.

peace

I'm assuming you're saving them as WAV files first, or at least something before you convert to MP3? If so, use http://www.cdwave.com . You are able to put up a full file, and edit the index points you want at the specific spots you want, so that it will be at the exact sectors.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    I'm recording as MP3s.

Thanks.

I'm recording as MP3s.

Thanks.

For archiving purposes, I would never record directly as an MP3, you lose a lot there. I make MP3's but I've never had to edit MP3's, other than converting to a WAV file and deleting dead space for some stuff.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    I'm recording as MP3s.

Thanks.

For archiving purposes, I would never record directly as an MP3, you lose a lot there. I make MP3's but I've never had to edit MP3's, other than converting to a WAV file and deleting dead space for some stuff.

That's good to know. But, all digital sucks IMO. So i'm going for less space. Wouldn't say I'm archiving these mixes. Just more or less driving around listening to my mixes. Often cringing at blends that sounded sooo smooth last Saturday night etc.[read: while drunk].

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    You could use Winamp to convert to WAV, and then you could use any WAV editor like the one listed above to split it up. Then just convert it back to an mp3, there are free mp3 compressors online if that website doesn't do that as well.

You could use Winamp to convert to WAV, and then you could use any WAV editor like the one listed above to split it up. Last just convert it back to an mp3, there are free mp3 compressors online if that website doesn't do that as well.

I've used Audacity
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net