Brief Barcelona and Seville Digging Report

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I quickly realised that there were much better ways of spending time in Barcelona than looking for records, so I didn't try very hard to source Spanish raer. When I wasn't eating and drinking, I hit up Wah Wah, recommended by board members, and was disappointed. They mostly sell reissues and every record is shrink-wrapped making it difficult to determine if it's an OG and impossible to check condition without bringing it up to the counter. Under the impression that it is the store for funk, soul, and so forth, I asked about Spanish pressings of Cuban records and a got blank stare. I asked after copies of "Barcelona Traction" and because they didn't recognise the title they had to search their database to tell me they only had CDs. Their wall pieces were seriously underwhelming. I did find a cheap copy of the good "Dynastie Crisis" LP, which was nice because it's heat. Much better was Edison, down the street. They have thousands of seven inch picture sleeves, which I was too lazy to sort through, and a good Spanish and Catalan section. I pulled two cheap copies of a Spanish LP with a killer samba that you never see anywhere. I also perused a couple of other stores southwest of the plaza catalunya, but found nothing good. No doubt there are killer vinyl sources in Barcelona, but who wants to bother looking for them when there is so much incredible food to eat?There is very little good food to eat in Seville, and so I had more time to look for records. Unfortunately, I could only locate one store and it was terrible. Leo Sayer in the "Musica Negra" section and endless crap. Lots of hippy mumus and bongs, however.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    No doubt there are killer vinyl sources in Barcelona, but who wants to bother looking for them when there is so much incredible food to eat?

So true! Enjoy all the great food and drink lots of Riojas. Try to make it up to San Sebastian where the food is INCREDIBLE! I am sure that the Spanish women are mucho eye candy as well. Have a nice time in Spain Danno!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm back now and about to leave for Cuba where digging is going to be more of a priority.

Don't worry: I drank many superb riojas, most phenomenal value. Unexpectedly, I was particularly impressed with the priarorats. The women in Spain are indeed , but I still say Argentina is where it's at for eye candy. Also, what's with Spanish men and mullets? I don't get it.