Magnum 'Fully Loaded' lp prize czech?

LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Popsike = $220. No way, popsike shmopsike..

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    $150

• Thanks.

However, it looks way better than it sounds.. has that steady minor surface noise but clears up a bit on side 2. Still a nice find.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I've seen it sell a couple of times for 150-200+ (Canadian) in shops here.

Love the lp. Great cover, great tracks.

• Popsike = $220. No way, popsike shmopsike..

I don't know Evolution is one of those amazing tracks for me. i could defnitely see it going that or higher... not too common. the 45 i think is a bit more common...

• Thanks.

However, it looks way better than it sounds.. has that steady minor surface noise but clears up a bit on side 2. Still a nice find.

There is a noisy pressing of this album and a good pressing. The copy I found a few months ago was the "bad" pressing, which I'm guessing is what you found too. How they managed to press up an album that has that much surface noise on it is beyond me.

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    Thanks.

There is a noisy pressing of this album and a good pressing. The copy I found a few months ago was the "bad" pressing, which I'm guessing is what you found too. How they managed to press up an album that has that much surface noise on it is beyond me.

do you think it's possible to post a short nice quality clip of the bad pressing? maybe of the tune "natural juices", it starts quiet! i bought mine 9yrs ago sealed, it's not the clearest press but i wouldn't call it noisy... thanks a lot!

• Thanks.

do you think it's possible to post a short nice quality clip of the bad pressing? maybe of the tune "natural juices", it starts quiet! i bought mine 9yrs ago sealed, it's not the clearest press but i wouldn't call it noisy... thanks a lot!

I don't have the record anymore so I can't make a soundclip. If you don't think it's noisy then don't worry, you must have the good pressing. The one I had was a WLP and sounded like shite.

Thanks.

I don't have the record anymore so I can't make a soundclip. If you don't think it's noisy then don't worry, you must have the good pressing. The one I had was a WLP and sounded like shite.

okay, thanks a lot for the information! sounds great. it doesn't sound like shit, just a minimal layer of very light noise (much less than on the OG Mulatu/Worthy for example)!

i knew the guys who made the 1st legal reissue of Magnum and they told me that 8 copys out of 10 were noisy! also i've been told there were loads of copys, sold for ??20 in the UK in early 90s... stories after stories ;-)

fact is that i prefer 'Evolution' on 45! it's a bit shorter 'cause the guitar solo is cut out... therefore in my opinion also much better to play out! matter of taste of course. thanks again!

• Thanks.

okay, thanks a lot for the information! sounds great. it doesn't sound like shit, just a minimal layer of very light noise (much less than on the OG Mulatu/Worthy for example)!

i knew the guys who made the 1st legal reissue of Magnum and they told me that 8 copys out of 10 were noisy! also i've been told there were loads of copys, sold for ??20 in the UK in early 90s... stories after stories ;-)

fact is that i prefer 'Evolution' on 45! it's a bit shorter 'cause the guitar solo is cut out... therefore in my opinion also much better to play out! matter of taste of course. thanks again!

So I may have the 1st reissue? Anyway to tell for sure?

Thanks.

So I may have the 1st reissue? Anyway to tell for sure?

1st reissue was on FINE RECORDS...