Introduction and Question about Consignment

khadirkhadir 38 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Whats up Soulstrut,I'm Khadir. I'm from Chicago, been a DJ since '87, producer since '90. I collect mostly Jazz and Blues LP's.I have a question for you guys. I'm thinking of consigning some rare LP's on Ebay(30-$200 value)with an acquaintence who has an account. What is a typical consignment deal for selling LP's on Ebay? I just don't have the time or want to deal with Ebay right now so giving a % doesn't bother me. Thanks for your help, Khadir.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Whats up Soulstrut,I'm Khadir. I'm from Chicago, been a DJ since '87, producer since '90. I collect mostly Jazz and Blues LP's.

I have a question for you guys. I'm thinking of consigning some rare LP's on Ebay(30-$200 value)with an acquaintence who has an account. What is a typical consignment deal for selling LP's on Ebay? I just don't have the time or want to deal with Ebay right now so giving a % doesn't bother me. Thanks for your help, Khadir.

I've done it as a seller and been happy with 25% after the Ebay and Paypal fees are removed.

I'm sure others have done it for anywhere from 50%-30% for the seller.

Who is going to box and ship them???

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    25% less fees (for the seller).

75% plus fees (for you).

I would only do it on records worth $50+.

• khadirkhadir 38 Posts
    He is offering 50-50% split. He pays all fees and ships everything. Is this fair? it sounds pretty fair to me.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    He is offering 50-50% split. He pays all fees and ships everything. Is this fair? it sounds pretty fair to me.

50/50 on a few dozen $30-$200 LPs is pretty spicy.

Figure he averages $50 an LP, and sells 20. That means he'd make $500 for posting a few auctions and going to the post office 2-3 times. Come to think of it, if you want, I can do it for 50%!!!!

I'd push for in the neighborhood of 30/70.

• khadirkhadir 38 Posts
    Sounds good. Thanks alot for your responses.