"Right of return" (M.E. R)

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    You originally said:

Thus, Spain and those parts of Yugoslavia, etc. that were once Ottoman are ultimately meant to be "redeemed" from the infidels. Sounds crazy but this is not a controversial point among Islamists. Look it up.[/b]

My response was, that's not an agreed upon point among Islamists. Those Indonesia Islamists don't lay any claim to even the Middle East, let alone Spain or Yugoslavia. I'm not even sure the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt are actively trying to re-create the Caliphate throughout the Middle East anymore. The Islamist movement is not a unified, nor monolithic group, yet your original statement seemed to imply that to me.

I see. Of course each group has their own regional objectives.

Getting back to the original point, though, I was responding to this:

The Palestinians who claim the right of return say that they should get back all of their historical land. Sounds like a very basic demand. Read that quote from the Islamic Jihad. He's talking about Israeli cities like Haifa. Israelis would have to move out of all the homes and areas that Palestinians once had before the 1948 war, then supposedly there will be peace between the two. Where do all the Israelis who have been moved out go? Doesn't the underlying intent of the claim seem to be that the Israelis don't have the right to any place that Palestinians once lived in?

And I do beleive that Indonesian Islamists (or any other adherents to an Islamist platform) would deem the "redemption" of Palestine a legitimate reason to oppose Israel's existence. In fact, I think you'd find this justification high on the list of most Islamists as a reason to destroy Israel, whether their particular group is actively working to bring it about or not.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rootless (or anyone else):

What are the rules of immigration governing refugees currently living outside of Israel who want to move into Israel to live and work (but not reclaim their family's land/house/etc.)?