MORE ASSHURTEDNESS

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Hyphy Supporters Diss E-40 And Lil' Jon, Claim They're Exploiting The Movement; Thursday - July 6, 2006 by Dick JohnsonE-40 Hyphy Inc., an organization dedicated to spreading hyphy music, has accused E-40 and Lil Jon of exploiting the movement.While 40's last album, My Ghetto Report Card, released under Jon's BME Recordings, helped hyphy gain nationwide exposure, Hyphy Inc., a San Francisco-based group, claims that the hype is growing to the detriment of the subculture."E-40 is not considered a hyphy artist or a part of the hyphy movement. True enough 40 brought exposure to the movement, but bringing exposure to the movement and being a part of the movement and then exploiting the movement for your own personal financial gain is two different things," sources at Hyphy Inc. told SOHH.com. "We're saying that he's [Lil Jon] the mastermind behind the whole plot. They got people thinking they part of the hyphy movement when they not."Though Hyphy Inc. discredits' 40's authenticity, the group does acknowledge Keak Da Sneak, who appeared on Fonzarelli's lead single off My Ghetto Report Card, "Tell Me When To Go," as a hyphy artist."They saw that as exposure. Don't nobody respect 40 like that in the Bay," the source alleged. "Once you get older you get your political and your music clout, they can dub you on the radio. You blast so much around the Bay that you all that they hear, so after a while people gon hear it cause you the only person on the radio. But to call yourself the ambassador of the Bay we don't stand by that.""People only listened to the song [Tell Me When To Go] because of Keak Da Sneak. It's like Lil Jon talking about crunk is hyphy's cousin, hyphy don't have no cousin," the source added. "By him controlling E-40, his puppet, he controls the exposure that the hyphy movement gets because Lil Jon knows that he has more connections in the industry than the Bay area artists have. If E-40 had some money, he wouldn't be signed to Lil Jon, he'd be signing other artists. Now they running these BET specials, talking about get the hype on hyphy, got us looking like Katrina cases when that ain't the fact out here."Reps for E-40 and Lil Jon didn't comment.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    zzzz

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You lowered the quality of discourse on the board significantly when you reposted that... something I would have thought barely possible.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    You lowered the quality of discourse on the board significantly when you reposted that... something I would have thought barely possible.

You're sarcasm-meter broken, junior?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No, I've already seen it posted elsewhere. It's too lame to even be worth clowning, though.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    It's too lame to even be worth clowning, though.

When one thinks of the things that are not sufficiently lame for you to clown, then re-reads your above comment...well, the mind fairly reels.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't know what Hyphy is.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

from what I saw this weekend its something you have to see to understand.

No, I've already seen it posted elsewhere. It's too lame to even be worth clowning, though.

Then why the fuck are you commentating? You must enjoy the sound of your keyboard clicking.

I posted because ass-hurt seems to be the soup dujour today (You and deej's hot and bothered encounters, the little brother thread, and even the Israel thread).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Then why the fuck are you commentating?

Now you sound ass-hurt.

By the way, the 'h' in hyphy is silent. like herb.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    zzzz
    haha this was just what i was going to post.

Then why the fuck are you commentating?

Now you sound ass-hurt.

Is the east coast's sarcasm meter not working because of a heatwave induced blackout?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    By the way, the 'h' in hyphy is silent. like herb.

oh word? so it's like kinda like "wifey"? or "wi-fi"?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what the fuck is going on in this thread now?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    soulstrut was on fire today. the building across the street from me is on fire right now. hip hop rules.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i had 2 machaca burritos and a fish fry this weekend. yes, my asshurted.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    soulstrut was on fire today. the building across the street from me is on fire right now. hip hop rules.

Wow. Can May I come over?

• I don't know what Hyphy is.

It's a meal you can only pick up at the G Bar in San Francisco

Its gets a little confusing.

For example, when cooking you would say "These herbs are sure hyphy." and it would sound like "These 'erbs are sure 'yphy".

But if you were to call a person a herb, for example, to say "That herb is trying to be hyphy" then it would sound like "That Herb is trying to be 'yphy"

Now try to say this:

"Hannah and Anna were to hyphy herbs that like to eat herbs and listen to the xylophone on their hi-fi"

ITs tough, I know.

When I fart with my legs crossed it warms the back of my balls.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

Wow. Can May I come over?

Sorry dude, I was bpming records all night.

Dizzy, I've been using them tommy roe drums a lot lately. That would make a good theme song for you. You do have a theme song right?

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts

i posted a thread sort of asking the same question. nobody could really put the finger on it. it is supposedly a raw take on dirty south? maybe using pawned drum machines instead of store bought?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

i posted a thread sort of asking the same question. nobody could really put the finger on it. it is supposedly a raw take on dirty south? maybe using pawned drum machines instead of store bought?
    http://www.murderdog.com/jan06/RickRock.htm

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    these people have a legit beef ....stealing a culture to make profit is pretty serious shit in my opinion ....

did the game change ?

why the fuck is it zzzzzzzzzz ?

ooooohhhhh i get it ....maybe its because they didnt get into a fucking shootout over the shit ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no guns zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no fight at the source awards .......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

seriously assholes ....they feel he bit their "movement" and pimped it .....and they are voicing their opinions publicly,through the media.. instead of stompin on his head in public .....the fuck is wrong with that ?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    do you think e-40 is exploiting the "hyphy movement"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i have no fuckin idea.....i dont live in the Bay ...and i still dont know what the fuck Hyphy is.....but from the post, it sounds like a legit beef to me......i'm willing to hear these young cats out instead of brushing them off

you all are a bunch of old assholes

the same old assholes that didnt listen to you .....unless you tore some shit up

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im probably the same age as them =P
    i'm willing to hear whatever anyone has to say on this but based on what was said on this it doesn't seem to be very convincing. i'm not from the bay either so maybe there's something else surrounding this. basically all that i gathered from reading that was that they don't like 40, lil jon controls him, and keak da sneak is the shit. all i know is 40 is known for helping out newer artists and he's been mentioning several times in interviews and songs that he is not the creator of the "hyphy movement" but he's helping to spread it so the bay can be back on the map.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't give a fuck about nothing, I'll ride the hypy horse until the hooves turn to butter.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I don't give a fuck about nothing, I'll ride the hypy horse until the hooves turn to butter.

i'm saying

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    ANNA!