Fluoride. Hot or Not?

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Alright, so I've been reading extensively on the whole Fluoride phenomenon in the US. And, basically, the more I read about this Toxic Industrial By-Product that is masked as a "Dental Breakthrough", the more outraged I become on how most of the US population allows this poison to flow freely in our water supply. Yes, you heard me correct, your state probably dumps gallons after gallons of unfiltered industrial waste directly into your water supply. On top of that, all your food is most likely washed with Fluoride as well. Scientific studies have shown that there really is no benefit for Fluoride to exist in our food and water supply. Infact, it does just the opposite. There have have been many tests that link it to direct cancer cell formation. Furthermore, fluoride is an industrial by-product that is very difficult to dispose of properly, not to mention very cost intensive to do so. This is just the tip of the iceberg.Please read for yourself below, this is not something we should be taking lightly. http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/MWF/index.asp . This site will let you check on your Fluoride level in your state. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation . The history on Fluoridehttp://nteu280.org/Issues/Fluoride/NTEU280-Fluoride.htm . A link on WHY THE EPA HEADQUARTERS UNION OF SCIENTISTS OPPOSES FLUORIDATION.http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=19990303222823 . Another article relating the negative effects on Fluoride.http://www.fluoridealert.org/ Lastly, a great link to read up on regarding how you can take action against Fluoride in our food and water system. Hope you all can take a little time to read this because, this is some serious stuff. Peace.ps. And to all my Green Tea drinkers, you better read this because Green Tea is known to have the highest Fluoride content per tea leaf. To give you an idea, on how messed up this is, I recently called The Republic of Tea (Organic Green Tea manufacturer) and asked them if they know their Fluoride level in their green teas and they said that they are not sure but can confirm that there is a cosiderable amount if fluoride in their green tea. I then, asked them if they plan on working to remove this poison out of their green teas, and her response was: "Well as long as you don't drink more than 5 cups a day, you shouldn't get any kind of fluoride poisening"? WHAT? That rocked my world. So to Fluoride I say, thanks for ruining my most enjoyed beverage.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Flouride's introduction to drinking water reduced tooth decay nationally by some incredibly large percentage, according to the Time magazine article I read in my work bathroom.

But flouride = communism. Keep a lookout!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    here some key points taken from http://www.fluoridealert.org/

* Almost all of western Europe has rejected water fluoridation.

* Fluoride's primary 'benefits' are topical, not systemic. There is no need to swallow Fluoride .

* Children are receiving too much fluoride today. There is a need to reduce, not increase, current exposures.

* A growing body of evidence indicates that water fluoridation is ineffective and unnecessary .

* The fluoride chemical added to water is an unprocessed, industrial waste-product from the pollution scrubbers of the phosphate fertilizer industry.

* Just as fluoride can damage cells in developing teeth , fluoride can damage cells in other organs as well.

* Two-thirds of US communities, when given the chance to vote , have voted against fluoridation. Over 70 US communities have rejected water fluoridation since 1999.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wtf is 'flouride action network'

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I guess there's a reason you shouldn' eat/drink for a 1/2 hour after going to the dentist. I did once when I was about 12 and puked my guts out

according to the Time magazine article I read in my work bathroom.

on your next trip to the john, print this sucker out and enjoy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is not news. Fluoride bonds with the cortical/grey matter in your brain and has been shown to decrease test scores (fluoridated water vs non-fluoridated water cities) by 20%.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This is not news. Fluoride bonds with the cortical/grey matter in your brain and has been shown to decrease test scores (fluoridated water vs non-fluoridated water cities) by 20%.
    shit, hawaii don't need no fluoride to bring down our test scores

im so glad hawaii does not have fluoride in our water. shits nasty

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I remember when I was either 14 or 15, I read something that stated that flouride were used by Nazis for brainwashing purposes.
    After I read that shit, I was always hesistant to use anything w/ flouride in it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not.

There is this funny thing that you can do. You can google fluoride sites, and surprisingly many sites that offer negative detail/research info seem to go *poof*, by the time you'd want to revisit them (sometimes the same exact day).

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    I remember when I was either 14 or 15, I read something that stated that flouride were used by Nazis for brainwashing purposes.
    After I read that shit, I was always hesistant to use anything w/ flouride in it.

The Nazis were the first people to put fluoride into a water supply. They put it into the drinking water in concentration camps because they believed (and as far as I'm aware the evidence backs this up) that it dumbs people down making them more docile and easy to manage.

I quit using fluoride toothpaste about eight or nine years ago and my teeth are still 100% filling free.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

The Nazis were the first people to put fluoride into a water supply. They put it into the drinking water in concentration camps because they believed (and as far as I'm aware the evidence backs this up) that it dumbs people down making them more docile and easy to manage.

Yes, that what I had read.

Crazy stuff.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i heard this on late night radio once. i suppose my flouride intake is pretty high. more toxic waste from my government. at least i stopped watching tv

So Strangelovian.... I LOVE IT!

Ripper:

Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Mandrake:

Well, no I... I can't say I have, Jack.

Ripper:

Vodka. That's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?

Mandrake:

Well I... I believe that's what they drink, Jack. Yes.

Ripper:

On no account will a commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.

Mandrake:

Oh, ah, yes. I don't quite.. see what you're getting at, Jack.

Ripper:

Water. That's what I'm getting at. Water. Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, you realize that.. seventy percent of you is water.

Mandrake:

Uhhh God...

Ripper:

And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.

Mandrake:

Yes. chuckles nervously

Ripper:

You beginning to understand?

Mandrake:

Yes. chuckles. begins laughing/crying quietly

Ripper:

Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure grain alcohol?

Mandrake:

Well it did occur to me, Jack, yes.

Ripper:

Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation? Fluoridation of water?

Mandrake:

Ah, yes, I have heard of that, Jack. Yes.

Ripper:

Well do you now what it is?

Mandrake:

No. No, I don't know what it is. No.

Ripper:

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridated water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake. Children's ice cream?

Mandrake:

Good Lord.

Ripper:

You know when fluoridation first began?

Mandrake:

No. No, I don't, Jack. No.

Ripper:

Nineteen hundred and forty six. Nineteen fortysix, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your postwar commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard core commie works.

Mandrake:

Jack... Jack, listen, tell me, ah... when did you first become, well, develop this theory.

Ripper:

Well, I ah, I I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Mandrake:

sighs fearfully

Ripper:

Yes a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.

Mandrake:

Yes...

RiRipper:

I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women... women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence. [/b]

Mandrake:

Heh heh... yes.

Dizzy, Dr. Strangelove-esk for real. Great dialogue. Gotta re-visit this film again.

Re: The Non's post.

This is defifnitely nothing new, but posted the thread, in a way, to re-introduce and raise awareness to the people who already know about it, but also for the people who may not already know how detrimental fluoride is.

Bottom line is, the only way we can get this f**#@**g pollutant out of our water is through education and awareness. There's absolutely no legit reason for Fluoride to be in our water supply. The hard facts are out there.

please to step up y'all. this is about our health.
    http://www.fluoridealert.org/

[/off soap box]

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Yes, that what I had read.

Crazy stuff.

not really needed, we now have TV, Beer and Cigarettes.

yay for freedom.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Fluoride was placed in the water to increase tooth health. Fluoride bonds with human tissue/teeth more when people are still growing (i.e. younger) and makes teeth stronger. It also has these effects another tissue called brain tissue, etc. that seem to not warrant it being placed in drinking water. The thought process is, the brain tissue discussion is "soft data" vs the tooth enamel strength discussion being based with "hard data."

I think the real deal Holyfield discussion is in all of this that people who live in cities have ZERO[/b] idea where their drinking water comes from, what's in it, nor do they care. If they did know where it came from, what it TOOK[/b] to get there, and how it was treated, perhaps they'd
    A) Appreciate it more
    B) Be more concerned about the quality
    and C) Be concerned with how much effort it takes to get it into their faucet.

Las Vegas should not have gargantuan swimming pools and Southern California is not a natural oasis. The Midwest should NOT be America's "breadbasket" and Long Islanders need to stop watering their fucking lawns. I'm hardline/hardcroe when it comes to water consumption in America.

Peace
    T.N.