I CAN'T WAIT TO TALK ABOUT NFL FOOTBALL

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
seriously.I'm liking Arizona to finally step up this year. Miami should be a BEAST (no Super Bowl, though). Detroit will suck again! Cowboys + T.O. = Super Bowl??? Get off that crack cocaine, batches. Redskins will be trouble. Seattle should be STRONGER (and they were just a handful of bad calls away from the trophy last year). Stillers are gonna fall off, it's in the cards. Bengals need a get out of jail free card, but if Palmer comes back okay they will challenge. Larry Johnson will rush for 3,000 yards. Eli Manning is a BUM. Randy Moss + Aaron Brooks = Brett Favre, just retire already. Eagles are gonna surprise people, you watch. Don't count the Pats out. I don't think Reggie Bush is gonna make anywhere near the splash in the NFL that people think he will. Vince Young is gonna be the TRUTH- if not this year then next year fo' sho. we can have a real NFL thread later, like right before the season starts. but i'm like jonesin' for some football NOW. Talk about it.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Side note from North of the border.

I really thought Ricky Williams was going to kick mucho ass. But it hasn't been a good look IMO.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Seattle should be STRONGER (and they were just a handful of bad calls away from the trophy last year).

Plaese believe it batches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    seriously... Redskins will be trouble.
    I can't wait for the season to start. It's the only sport I feel like I can fully delve into. Other's seasons are too damn long.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    we can have a real NFL thread later, like right before the season starts. but i'm like jonesin' for some football NOW.

My Early Vision .....

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

AFC NORTH[/b]

Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Cleveland

AFC SOUTH[/b]

Jacksonville
    Indianapolis
    Houston
    Tennesee

AFC WEST[/b]

Denver
    San Diego
    Kansas City
    Oakland

NFC EAST[/b]

Dallas
    NY Giants
    Washington
    PhillllllllMostdelphia

NFC NORTH[/b]

Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Green Bay

NFC SOUTH[/b]

Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

NFC WEST[/b]

Seattle
    Arizona
    St Louis
    San Francisco

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    damn, i can't keep track of US sports here. last time i was up on shit, william floyd and ricky watters were runnin shit in SF... i'm so far behind shit, i don't even know where the fuck i'd start. TV coverage might be a decent idea first off though

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    NFC NORTH[/b]

Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Green Bay

cRaZy TaLk!

This might be the weakest division.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    I CAN'T WAIT TO TALK ABOUT NFL FOOTBALL

OH HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

counting down the days...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Seattle should be STRONGER (and they were just a handful of bad calls away from the trophy last year).

Plaese believe it batches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    we can have a real NFL thread later, like right before the season starts. but i'm like jonesin' for some football NOW.

My Early Vision .....

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

Put down the pipe, man. Miami might move into first, but Buffalo over the pats? the great JP Lossman to lead the charge over Tom Brady? Drugs kill brain cells, bro. too much talk about the Pats not being deep at receiver. Look for a lot more 2 tight-end stuff, and Ben Watson is gonna look like Antonio Gates after this season is done.

Worried about the Bengals; they're gonna come back to earth. Not just the Carson thing, but losing O. Thurman for the first 4 games is a killer for an already shakey defense.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

My Early Vision .....

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

Like I said, don't count the Pats out. Buffalo? I can't see them beating out NE unless Brady gets hurt (he is about due to lose significant time due to injury, though)

AFC NORTH[/b]

Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Cleveland

Like the NFC East, I have no idea what order these teams will come out in. Browns could come up and challenge for the top, Bengals could fall off big time if Carson can't make it back 100% and numerous players can't get out on work release.

AFC SOUTH[/b]

Jacksonville
    Indianapolis
    Houston
    Tennesee

I'm still rollin' with the Colts in this division. I do like the Jags, though.

AFC WEST[/b]

Denver
    San Diego
    Kansas City
    Oakland

I see KC coming up and SD dip dip divin'. I think Oaktown will do better with Art Shell at the helm too. I am a Denver hatter and will NEVER expect them to do well (sorry Denverians).

NFC EAST[/b]

Dallas
    NY Giants
    Washington
    PhillllllllMostdelphia

Iggles might shock you, edpowers. Donovan's looking good in the minicamps. The rookies are looking good, dudes who were injured last year are coming back strong, young players who looked like foolios last season are now grasping the system. T.O. is NOT the answer for Dallas, believe me. They need more than just him. The Skins are the class of the division right now IMO. But again... watch out for those Birds.
    Giants?

NFC NORTH[/b]

Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Green Bay

All bums, who cares? I'll gve it to Minny, though.

NFC SOUTH[/b]

Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

You drinkin' the Ron Mexico kool-aid, huh? I'm not buying it. Carolina and / or Tampa Bay will run this division.

NFC WEST[/b]

Seattle
    Arizona
    St Louis
    San Francisco

Finally, one I agree with.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    AFC EAST[/b]
    Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

Put down the pipe, man. Miami might move into first, but Buffalo over the pats? the great JP Lossman to lead the charge over Tom Brady? Drugs kill brain cells, bro.
    yeah, i've been a buffalo fan for the past 14 seasons and i really dont see that happening... mcgahee will be the focal point of the offense but jp losman? kelly holcombe? theyll have takeo spikes back on the defensive end so that should be an improvement on the run defense and the buffalo special teams is on point but i dont see them overtaking the pats... but the dolphins did retool in a major way this offseason... as long as dautnes knee holds up they should be the team to beat in the east.

-rich

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

pffft... panthers got this

for NFL talk... all anybody has been talking about down here (NC) is fucking hockey... seriously, that's the only thing the sports talk radio stations have talked about since ACC basketball ended... hours of rednecks who had never seen a hockey game before this fucking april calling in and babbling about shit that they can't even pronounce

GO PANTHERS

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    seriously.

Randy Moss + Aaron Brooks =

Raiders All Day! Yeah I know but I have hope.... Drew Breezy with the Saints that will be Interesting... Dallas well since they have TO I say they gonna make it pretty far.... Chargers well I think the kid will do good and though I dis like the Chargers, I think they can take deep into the play offs... As for the COLTS it would be nice but I think they will Choke again though I hope I'm wrong cause there due.... As for Philly McNabb will have a great outing fo sho!!! I agree with Miami... I Say SOULSTRUT FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAUGE

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Larry Johnson will rush for 3,000 yards.

Priest is not coming back...It's a bummer too! I love LJ but Priest Holmes is the shit to me! KC needs Ty Law. If they get him I'll be okay without Priest.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

My Early Vision .....

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

Put down the pipe, man. Miami might move into first, but Buffalo over the pats? the great JP Lossman to lead the charge over Tom Brady? Drugs kill brain cells, bro. too much talk about the Pats not being deep at receiver. Look for a lot more 2 tight-end stuff, and Ben Watson is gonna look like Antonio Gates after this season is done.

Worried about the Bengals; they're gonna come back to earth. Not just the Carson thing, but losing O. Thurman for the first 4 games is a killer for an already shakey defense.

you got paypal ?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

My Early Vision .....

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

you got paypal ?

Challenge!!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

My Early Vision .....

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

you got paypal ?

Sure we can work something out between now and the 9/10 Pats-Bills season opener. maybe record or avatar related, too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I may be the only Saints fan alive who is still kinda pissed that Aaron Brooks was let go. I still feel like we owe him something for leading us to our only playoff victory in franchise history. In the end, I suppose that I just have to come to grips with the reality that working for bitch-ass Tom Benson wasn't the best fit for Brooks and hope that both he in Oakland and Drew Brees in New Orleans have big seasons.

I'm excited to see if our line can open up any pathways for Deuce and Reggie Bush...although I'm not really optimistic about the prospect.

We haven't had a decent LB in ages, so I'm wondering what any of you Seahawks fans can tell me about whether or not Anthony Simmons was a quality pick-up.

Just like every pre-season, I'm also wondering if Donte Stallworth will finally live up to his potential?

But ultimately, thank God that Haslett is gone. Hopefully Payton brings some much needed intellect and order to the team.

And yes, the Superdome is now cursed like a mug. I'm not really looking forward to seeing it put back to use. They should have torn that shit down and built anew.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I didnt think it was humanly possible for me to absolutely despise the Cowboys anymore than I already have over the last 15 or so years...but lets see...add T.O. into the mix, and voila! I can feel the hate build...

Im thinking Seattle will be a good team to watch this year...

Will always cheer for my Steelers...although, I am beginning to think Ben only wears a helmet to play football in because the rules make it mandatory...dumbass

Redskins will be some tough bastards...

• I may be the only Saints fan alive who is still kinda pissed that Aaron Brooks was let go. I still feel like we owe him something for leading us to our only playoff victory in franchise history. In the end, I suppose that I just have to come to grips with the reality that working for bitch-ass Tom Benson wasn't the best fit for Brooks and hope that both he in Oakland and Drew Brees in New Orleans have big seasons.

I'm excited to see if our line can open up any pathways for Deuce and Reggie Bush...although I'm not really optimistic about the prospect.

We haven't had a decent LB in ages, so I'm wondering what any of you Seahawks fans can tell me about whether or not Anthony Simmons was a quality pick-up.

Just like every pre-season, I'm also wondering if Donte Stallworth will finally live up to his potential?

But ultimately, thank God that Haslett is gone. Hopefully Payton brings some much needed intellect and order to the team.

And yes, the Superdome is now cursed like a mug. I'm not really looking forward to seeing it put back to use. They should have torn that shit down and built anew.

BB&G

AB had to go man, if for himself more than anything. Haslett and McCarthy butchered his development, filling his head w/ dreams of being a pure pocket passer and totally negating his wonderful athleticism. That being said, AB had plenty to say about his own ups and downs as well. He never could find any consistency or take that next step. I think he has a real good chance to put up some sick stats in Oakland this year. 3800/30+ would be possible. Haslett lost AB and the team I think with how he handled the Blake/AB QB situation after the playoff year.

Bro, Ant Simmons was a near Pro Bowler while in Seattle. His career there ended amid some attitude issues and a bad injury. He sat out the whole year last year. Makes him a young 29/30 and he can play WLB or MLB. If he can hold down WLB it will be an improvement.

I'm a fan of Payton. His style should be completely different than Haslett's. Hell, it's already proven to be as he has jettisoned many "character issue" guys from the roster.....Sully, C. Watson, etc.

Saints offense will score points, but the defense could be downright terrible. Doesn't help that they are trying to come up in the best division in football, the NFC South. 10-6 would be a miracle. It will be a fun year regardless though.

• debardebar 215 Posts

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    Buffalo
    New England
    Ny Jets

I agree with Miami winning behind Culpepper, but New England will get a wild card spot.

AFC NORTH[/b]

Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Cleveland

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Baltimore wins this division. Their defense is still great, and McNair to Heap & Mason will give Jamal Lewis a lot more room than he's had the last few years with Boller under center. Pittsburgh will nab the other wild card. Cinci will disappoint this year.

AFC SOUTH[/b]

Jacksonville
    Indianapolis
    Houston
    Tennesee

Sorry, Jacksonville will not be in the playoffs this year. They had a cupcake schedule last year, and with Jimmy Smith gone and Fragile Fred ready to break down again, they won't get a sniff of the wild card. I still like their defense though. Indy will be resting their starters by Week 13.

AFC WEST[/b]

Denver
    San Diego
    Kansas City
    Oakland

Kansas City will be running shit this year. They only have one, maybe two great years left to squeeze out of their O-line, Trent Green, Eddie Kennison & Tony Gonzalez and then they better have some young replacements groomed. But for now, this offense is still top 3 in the league. Their D will improve over last year, although that embarassment against the Giants last year wasn't really representative of the whole season. Larry Johnson will be their best defense grinding out the ball in the 2nd half.

Plummer, Rivers & Brooks...sorry, that's not gonna cut it this year.

NFC EAST[/b]

Dallas
    NY Giants
    Washington
    PhillllllllMostdelphia

Washington looks real solid on both sides of the ball, so I can't pick against them. Philly could bounce back if McNabb & Westbrook stay healthy, and LJ Smith & Reggie Brown turn into consistently reliable targets. But I have to go with Dallas & T.O. with one of the wild card spots. I can't buy into Eli being Peyton II, so the Giants are shit out of luck.

NFC NORTH[/b]

Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Green Bay

The Bears will win the division, but that's all the mention that this division deserves.

NFC SOUTH[/b]

Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

Carolina has proven to play tough D and find a way whether on the ground (2003) or through the air (2005) on offense, and have been able to overcome injuries (2004) the last few years, so I'd be hard-pressed to pick against them in this division. Tampa will nab the other wild card spot. Chris Simms will have a breakout year if Cadillac is ready to take on a full season to take pressure of Simms. Vick will be average once again, and hopefully, everyone will finally admit he'll never be a top tier quarterback.

NFC WEST[/b]

Seattle
    Arizona
    St Louis
    San Francisco

I agree with this division top to bottom. Alexander will have another great year, playing 6 games against the weak defenses in this division. Arizona might battle for a wild card if their O-line and defense somehow improve by leaps and bounds. St. Louis will be better than they were last year, but won't be in the playoff race. San Fran is still at least 2 years away from contending for anything other than last place.