CD MASTERING $100 THAT'S PRETTY DECENT- NEED INFO

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Somebody mentioned awhile ago about a spot online that does a good job mastering cds for $100 a pop... anybody remember that and anybody have that info? It's hard out here for a pimp and really I'm just cheap, that's all.

Comments

• Send it to me, I'll do it for 99.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    in an email from I got November 2004:

Yes, I charge $100 per cd to do analog mastering
    through my NEVE and MANLEY compressor/limiter. I call
    it "simple mastering".

Dean Kohn 714-296-9591

I've never mentioned it here and I never had anything mastered by him but I remember him seeming pretty legit. give it a shot. Seems like it would be good for you if you already have your levels all straight and whatnot. good luck.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    in an email from I got November 2004:

Yes, I charge $100 per cd to do analog mastering
    through my NEVE and MANLEY compressor/limiter. I call
    it "simple mastering".

Dean Kohn 714-296-9591

I've never mentioned it here and I never had anything mastered by him but I remember him seeming pretty legit. give it a shot. Seems like it would be good for you if you already have your levels all straight and whatnot. good luck.

That's cool... I'd rather try somebody that's a known commodity, though. Whoever it was that mentioned the $100 mastering spot before actually used them for a project and was a satisfied customer. Ya never know how schitt's gonna turn out regardless, but I'd feel better with somebody who's recommended due to past experience. Thanks for the tip anyway.