NBA FINALS?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
What would be the better series?Spurs vs HeatSpurs vs PistonsSuns vs Heat Suns vs PistonsI would like to see if the Suns offense vs the Pistons defense.But then Duncan vs Shaq/Zo is tempting as well.Wade vs Bowen....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Comments

• Suns/Pistons

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Veterans showed the newjacks about execution.
    We'll see how the kids make adjustments.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    All of the potential match-ups are snoozers, relatively speaking (who doesn't love to hate the Lakers?), but I think a Heat/Suns Finals would be pretty hot (literally and figuratively).

Nobody likes the Spurs? Damn. No Urban appeal. No thug to bring drama.
    Oh Well.................Nothing comes to sleepers.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    People need to open their eyes. Yeah, the Spurs have been less than exciting in the past, but look at them now. Manu is easily one the the most aggressive and exciting players in the league right now. Tony has his nights, Nazr has been stepping it up BIG, and they have tons of clutch shooters. And for my money, Tim's graceful execution is always fun to watch. Not to mention that watching them SHUT DOWN offensive power houses like the Suns (in the fourth anyway) is great basketball. It's annoying that so few basketball fans seem to be able to appreciate great defense. I can understand jealousy- the Spurs have been at the top of the NBA longer than any other team at the moment, but some of the hating around here is pretty unfounded. the Spurs (if they make it) will make the finals as action packed at the Suns, no question. And they'll do it with the complete game- not just fast transition basketball.

People need to open their eyes. Yeah, the Spurs have been less than exciting in the past, but look at them now. Manu is easily one the the most aggressive and exciting players in the league right now. Tony has his nights, Nazr has been stepping it up BIG, and they have tons of clutch shooters. And for my money, Tim's graceful execution is always fun to watch. Not to mention that watching them SHUT DOWN offensive power houses like the Suns (in the fourth anyway) is great basketball. It's annoying that so few basketball fans seem to be able to appreciate great defense. I can understand jealousy- the Spurs have been at the top of the NBA longer than any other team at the moment, but some of the hating around here is pretty unfounded. the Spurs (if they make it) will make the finals as action packed at the Suns, no question. And they'll do it with the complete game- not just fast transition basketball.

No Doubt. Alot of cats are drawn to the flashier teams but dont appreciate
    defensive stops/shut downs. Im just wondering if The Suns are good enough to
    dispell the myth that defense wins championships.

• Suns/Pistons

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

They're boring. They need better uniforms.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Man, I feel your perspective TOTALLY[/b]. I think fundamental play in NBA basketball is nearly non-existent these days. Guys that leave college early, or go into the pros right out of high school (barring the few exceptional exceptions) do not learn how to play fundamental basketball. The level of play in the NBA is largely shitty, so I find it difficult to watch an entire game. PGs bring the ball down and just chuck a three with no pass whatsoever (can you say these names? Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis, as two flagrant examples of this). I hate how guys are so struck by the three-point line that they'll stop there on the break, instead of driving hard to the basket. Then, you got cats that only play on one end of the floor, the offensive end (can you say Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, and Vince Carter?). Where's the D? That's why I like watching the Pistons and Spurs because they play the right way. All those run-and-gun, ghetto-ball teams are not going to the finals. Do you know who wins championships? Teams that can play one-possession basketball both offensively, by finding a good shot down the stretch, and defensively, by stopping the opposing team during a final possession in a close game. I think it's pretty obvious who those two teams are from the Eastern and Western conferences, respectively.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Manu? YES.
    Tony? YES.
    Nazr? YES. he's a key player right now. he'll become great with time.
    Tim? YES. effective, but about as exciting to watch as the triangle offense.
    Spurs on Sunday? YES. Phoenix's lax defense made SA's offense look AMAZING.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    [Tim? YES. effective, but about as exciting to watch as the triangle offense.

OK, then I guess it's just as exciting as your boy Kobe sittin' his ass on the couch at the crib during the off-season. He use to be in the playoffs when the Lakers used to run the triangle offense. He has plenty of time to "think about it" while Shaq quests for the trophy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    Why do we have to wait until the 3rd round to see some quality games, ?

God, I love Charles Oakley/Popeye Jones/Rodman/Malik Rose-ish ball!

However much I'd like Nash to make the finals, I'd wager the onyl 2 teams[/b] left will make it.

K.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    These playoffs do not matter. The real news is that my Sixers just fired O'Brien and named Maurice Cheeks as their new coach! [wishful thinking]Watch out next year, folls[/wishful thinking].

OK, then I guess it's just as exciting as your boy Kobe sittin' his ass on the couch at the crib during the off-season. He use to be in the playoffs when the Lakers used to run the triangle offense. He has plenty of time to "think about it" while Shaq quests for the trophy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

woah.....i didn't mean to upset you, (if you were a Spurs or Duncan fan). my bad, perhaps i was a little bitter after the Suns lost. I thought the Laker's triangle offense was boring as hell too, if it makes any difference. i am not gonna speak on Kobe, cuz obviously a solid negative public perception has been formed on him for the most part (except maybe 30-40% of LA and a handful of NBA analysts/ex-players who consistenly praise him). But I will say that the last time I HATED a player was Darius Miles on the Cavs a few years back.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

woah.....i didn't mean to upset you, (if you were a Spurs or Duncan fan). my bad, perhaps i was a little bitter after the Suns lost. I thought the Laker's triangle offense was boring as hell too, if it makes any difference. i am not gonna speak on Kobe, cuz obviously a solid negative public perception has been formed on him for the most part (except maybe 30-40% of LA and a handful of NBA analysts/ex-players who consistenly praise him). But I will say that the last time I HATED a player was Darius Miles on the Cavs a few years back.

Hey Yuichi,

I wasn't upset by what you said. I was just making a point about how an offensive scheme that promotes teamwork (i.e., the Triangle offense) helped the Lakers win championships. And for the record, I think Dr. Jerry Buss is an idiot!!! Now that they employ a more Kobe-centered and selfish style, he (and the rest of his team) are at the crib (or the Caribbean or wherever they vacation during the off-season). So, maybe there's something to be said about the (so-called) boring, yet effective, Triangle offense. The Spurs may not be incredibly exciting to watch, but they play as a team and win. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about. Actually, I am a Sixer fan and I AM pissed about how they play ball (selfish, Allen Iverson-oriented basketball). If they continue to play that way, they won't win shit either. That's why AI and C-Webb have gon' fishin' with Kenny Smith.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. And yes, I can't stand (and never could stand) Kobe Bryant. I'm a not a newcomer to the "dislike Kobe" bandwagon. I have never liked his game because, as a former ball player myself, I prefer team basketball.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    SHAQ MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOD BLESS THE PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SWEEP THAT BITCH!!!!![/b]

later...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    SHAQ MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOD BLESS THE PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SWEEP THAT BITCH!!!!![/b]

I'm tellin' you...even I was surprised at how level-headed my boys played last night. That pull-up jumper they relied on makes me nervous, but as long as they're hitting them and being given them, keep taking them!

Wade was so frustrated last night, the only Miami dude who really got off was Eddie Jones, but everyone elses weak layups inside were pinned to the glass!

That win was sweet...

• Options
    ...and it didn't matter if it was Tayshawn or Rasheed covering him - he was shut down.

K.

Now that they employ a more Kobe-centered and selfish style, he (and the rest of his team)

without going into too much detail on this matter. i am one of the few NBA fans that think he is actually an unselfish player. also last year's team was a mess. Kobe's "selfishness" however was not the reason for the Laker failure. and lastly, since everyone expected him to avg. 30/game, get multiple MVPs, multiple rings, etcx2, just like Mike, I feel that he needed to prove a point. it also didn't help that everyone was expecting him to be a side-kick on "The Diesel ship". and did anyone bother to listen when one of the most admirable of NBA players, Derek Fisher always talked about KB in such a great way?

on the flip, has anyone even considered why Shaq has all of a sudden lost a grip of weight, become quiet in the East, and has taken a back seat to D-Wade?? makes you wonder.

If AI were on my team, i'd be disappointed too. but as a casual fan of his, he got heart. and that means a lot to me. I agree with you 100% that team basketball is what it's all about. The '00 Sac Kings were a better team than the '00 Lakers.

2cents.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    co-sign!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

that pic is hilarious drew... zaahir and i going to game three in the d man. SO STOKED!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    one of the most admirable of NBA players, Derek Fisher

Uh... what?

one of the most admirable of NBA players, Derek Fisher

Uh... what?

tell me how he is not.

strong work ethic, humble guy, professional on and off the court, and didn't he win that community service award recently?

as a ball player he was a big factor during the Laker's championship years with his reliable 3 point shooting, leadership, and hustle.

• that pic is hilarious drew... zaahir and i going to game three in the d man. SO STOKED!

i'm going too!

They're boring.

Anybody actually think that watching the Suns dish it to Amare and Nash for 48 minutes in game 2 is more exciting/better basketball than the Spurs?

Manu like woa. So sick.

Spurs are looking real good. Go Spurs go.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

They're boring.

Anybody actually think that watching the Suns dish it to Amare and Nash for 48 minutes in game 2 is more exciting/better basketball than the Spurs?

Hell no. And it ain't getting the job done, either.

The Spurs boring? Never that, son. Especially not with Manu being the sauciest player in the playoffs. I want to see a San Antonio/Detroit finals matchup--that'll give us the best basketball in the League.

They're boring.

Hell no. And it ain't getting the job done, either.

The Spurs boring? Never that, son. Especially not with Manu being the sauciest player in the playoffs. I want to see a San Antonio/Detroit finals matchup--that'll give us the best basketball in the League.

smart man

cosign

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    that pic is hilarious drew... zaahir and i going to game three in the d man. SO STOKED!

i'm going too!

andrew what seats you got? im 216 row 9. we should kick it before man....

BEAT THE HEAT![/b]

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    All those run-and-gun, ghetto-ball teams are not going to the finals.

Who, us? We get sick with it, though.

All those run-and-gun, ghetto-ball teams are not going to the finals.

Who, us? We get sick with it, though.

???

Plaese to sit down.

I mean... GOOD LUCK!!!