Attn Archaic: J. Timberlake Bringing Back the Sexy

2»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    More like

1996-2003 hit hit hit hit hit (miss) hit hit hit hit

2003- miss miss miss miss miss miss (hit) miss miss

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I only heard the song once but I liked it at the time.

Somehow, I knew you were going to show up and cosign this song.

I'd say i left a pretty large disclaimer there.

• I only heard the song once but I liked it at the time. But I felt that way about promiscuous girl until that unbearable cell phone commercial ruined it.

The article is fine, not KS's most insightful work but it gets the point across pretty clearly. Like most of his articles, its more about fighting for positioning artists in certain ways in discourse, a rearrangement of our expectations and recieved wisdom about what is 'good' and 'worthy' of discussion. I don't have a problem with it.

Although I agree with this w/r/t most music crit:

like 90% of music journalism that article was an exercise in how to say nothing using the largest amount of random adjectives and vacuous metaphors possible.

i don't think this article is particularly related to that problem uh at all. Its pretty standard big-paper journalism. If you were having trouble understanding his argument get 1 reading comprehension.

yes, and the punchline here is hilarious:

And there???s no particular reason to think that on his forthcoming album, ???FutureSex/LoveSounds,??? due Sept. 12, he will continue the fight on behalf of ???sexy??? boys everywhere. (Though it seems his assault on the lowly space bar WillNotEnd/AnytimeSoon.)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    SNAP
    http://www.honorablemedia.com/blog/mp3s/189

(Imagine the *ATLANTIC RECORDS...T.I. CLEARANCE* voiceovers don't exist.)