reasons why Paypal sucks #5006

2»

Comments

• chrischris 287 Posts
    a fun update on our friend soul-of-florida, now known as 2ansdavance.
    he asked me to end an auction early and was actually the third frenchman to ask me (all with similarly insulting lowball offers).
    anyhow, obviously i declined citing his recent history with ripping off andrew (and that i don't end auctions early anyway).
    my refusal prompted this barrage of replies flooding my inbox (all in seperate e-mails):

-"ok so fuck off !! go to hell !!! and I will make you hell on this auction !!!!!!!!"

-"ok I've just see that you have posted the message on the page !! so now I will not make hell on this auction only but on ALL of your listing !!!! mother fucker !!!!"

-"you will lose all your sell !!!!!!! believe me !!!! fuckin us record shit dealer !!!!!!"

-"I'm lucky that weapons are allowed in US !!! like that I will put you one bullet between your 2 eyes !!! you and your fuckin stoler of friend !!! which stole me !!!!"

-"I don't care of life !!!!!!! I want to DIE !!!!!!!! but you will DIE with me with your fuckin stoler of friend !!!! believe me !!!! marseilel chicago 500 euros !!! I'll come sooner or later !!!!!!!"

-"YOU WILL ALL DIE !!! in the name of ALLAH !!!!! ALLAH ouakbar !!!!!"

-"what a shame that terrotist bomb didn't work from London to America !!! but believe me you will be scared again !!! very soon !! america will burn in the name of ALLAH !!!!!"

-"if you'll be in front of me, you and your friend, 30 hits of knife won't be enough for you !!!!"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    ohhhh my.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I will make you hell on this auction !!!!!!!!

===
    ===
    ===

-

• -"ok so fuck off !! go to hell !!! and I will make you hell on this auction !!!!!!!!"

-"ok I've just see that you have posted the message on the page !! so now I will not make hell on this auction only but on ALL of your listing !!!! mother fucker !!!!"

-"you will lose all your sell !!!!!!! believe me !!!! fuckin us record shit dealer !!!!!!"

-"I'm lucky that weapons are allowed in US !!! like that I will put you one bullet between your 2 eyes !!! you and your fuckin stoler of friend !!! which stole me !!!!"

-"I don't care of life !!!!!!! I want to DIE !!!!!!!! but you will DIE with me with your fuckin stoler of friend !!!! believe me !!!! marseilel chicago 500 euros !!! I'll come sooner or later !!!!!!!"

-"YOU WILL ALL DIE !!! in the name of ALLAH !!!!! ALLAH ouakbar !!!!!"

-"what a shame that terrotist bomb didn't work from London to America !!! but believe me you will be scared again !!! very soon !! america will burn in the name of ALLAH !!!!!"

-"if you'll be in front of me, you and your friend, 30 hits of knife won't be enough for you !!!!"

we may have all witnessed the beginning of a new disturbing trend, suicide bidders

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    What actions can be taken if someone is talking about killing you in an email? This stinker is truly a moron... Post his email addy!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this will be very bad for you with the impact.

30 hits of knife won't be enough for you !!!!

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    W H O A A A A . . .

This stupid asshole Laurent aka "2ansdavance" (2yearsforward) aka "soul-of-florida" from Marseille is just a stupid kind of nervous asshole that makes hell in his head... Please, don't tell me it's a french specifity! You find them everywhere.

This guy is just dumb, thinks he's really important and has only a big mouth wherever he comes from, he's a shaddy fool.

Andrew, I'm sorry to hear this sad story...

I had a guy from Austria who asked for a chargeback throught Paypal once... He asked for unregistered shipping, I couldn't proove the parcel was sent so they took my money straight were it hurts, on my bank account. A month later I received the parcel back with a stamp on it saying it was unclaimed !!! It arrived in time but the guy never went or even called the post office in order to check. Chargeback is easier! Things finished nicely, the guy was only a "dreamer", he sent the money back and added the price of registration.

The only matter in these stories is that sellers are never protected against shaddy buyers. I had a long phone call with Paypal on this subject, the only thing I've been told is that a buyer has a limited number of chargebacks available... I replied that ONE abusive chargeback was already too much, I mean it can be really painful if like me you only sell when you're in deep shit and strongly count on the money...

By the way... I'm in medium deep shit now and am trying to sell a few records somewhere on the strut...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Yeah, this is fucked up. This shit has definitely made selling on eBay this last year or so stressful.

Word! And it's the same situation from both sides.
    While we all know that this dude is a microscopical dude, I'm a fair player but had to deal with dudes from the US who didn't want to accept my payments. They claimed for ca$h or Money order whom are unsecured for us, foreign buyers... from over the seas. :-)

Meaty, I'm sorry for you.

Bapt.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Please, don't tell me it's a french specifity!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Aha! The Islamic nihilists have a weakness--modern soul and 80s funk! I can picture shady imams seducing potential suicide bombers with promises of virgins and endless boxes of storestock modern soul: "my son, blow yourself up in the name of allah, kill some infidels, and then you will go to the disco in the sky and dance the night away to fonky slap bass".

Seriously, crap like this only emphasises the frustration of selling on eBay. meaty, if you want me to call the fellow up and yell at him in broken french, it would be my pleasure.

• if you want me to call the fellow up and yell at him in broken french, it would be my pleasure.

Plaese to air on next waxing deep

• Btw that is by far the funniest shit I've read in months.

Suicide bidders! Jihadi modern soul! Too rich.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    IMG SRC=http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6458/italxt6.gif>

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    bapt and noreille: like it or don't, the French have a unique reputation for excessive ebay/Paypal fuckery

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    7 bid retractions in 6 months? what a nut.

Make that 15.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    These are just a days worth of back and forth with Chris. Ive been back and forthing with this dude every other day now since the shit went down. I seriously believe this dude thinks I actually stole from him somehow. I mean, he got the record, got his money back, and is still on some straight bullshit. I pissed him off when I was like "Allah don't know you, and people of Allah are not theives".

I wish I had saved all the emails Ive been having with this asshole, you would all have enjoyed.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    bapt and noreille: like it or don't, the French have a unique reputation for excessive ebay/Paypal fuckery

Perhaps... But it's really worth working on a judgement "case by case". I met plenty very cold personalities, kinda frigid french collectros who smell robery from miles away... I just don't deal with them. Well I guess judgement is easier and more reliable when you meet the guy in front of you.

I understand if there could be a french recurrence of these guys, but hey... Just stop selling modern soul and slap bass raers! I'm sure you'll get another opinion about frenchies if you sell some other stuff...

If these assholes can ruin the perception you can have of really nice and interesting people just because they're french, you loose something. Try to judge case by case whatever the nationality. Please...

In fact, I could say the only shaddy transactions I had on the bay were with americans (stuff like disrespectful and arbitrary communication, records never received, strongly overgraded, records sent by surface instead of airmail... etc...)... Can I conclude I should ban each and every american from my sight? I don't and will never... Would you apreciate this kind of amalgam? I just don't even if I understand you are fed up as I am with such bad experiences. Shit is part of the game...

I don't want to make amalgams myself, but from my experience, modern soul and slap bass raers in France attracts a lot of "racailles" ("bad boys"), I even heard some french record sellers saying "??a c'est du funk de racaille" (this is "bad boy" funk)... But again, no amalgam as nice and friendly people are also apreciating the stuff.

PAYPAL SUCKS.