How many bid retractions are too much?

HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Hi,I lost out on a ebay auction this week - a dude bid just above my maximum & then withdrew his bid. Then, another guy swooped in & bid the retracted amount & won. The dude who bid & then retracted has 7 retracted bids in 6 months. Is that a lot of retractions? Its not like that scammer who has 150 + retractions(funky_muse), but it seems excessive.peaceh

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I don't see a reason to have any.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

I know, me too. That's why I just reported dude to ebay. In my case, dude is making a retraction in the final hour of the auction. That really fucks everything up.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Ebay is very specific about when it's ok. When you put in the wrong amount, $999.0 instead of $99.90, you have to then rebid the correct amount. Unless you are the world most retarded typist, then their really is no excuse for bid retractions in my book.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Ebay is very specific about when it's ok. When you put in the wrong amount, $999.0 instead of $99.90, you have to then rebid the correct amount. Unless you are the world most retarded typist, then their really is no excuse for bid retractions in my book.

If you place a bid of $ 9.99 on eBay.fr, you have to type $ 9,99 (with a coma, not a point). If you use the point, then $ 999.00 will be entered and you'd better retract your bid, the same phenomenon happens when you use a coma on eBay.com. This shit happens to me once a year as I'm connected both to eBay.com and eBay.fr ... That's the only forgiveable reason of a bid retraction IMO.