Lone Wolf & Cub soundtracks

phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Firstly, Hello Soul Strut.This is my first topic.Secondly, do these exist?I know RZA uses snippets from the "Shogun Assasin" in his various Wu-projects. But I am unsure whether these are just recordings or actual samples from the OSTs.so whats the story?peace

Comments

• yes, the soundtrack exists.

Tracklisting:
    01.the legend of lone wolf
    02.daigoro's theme
    03.assassin with son
    04.the ninja
    05.voyagers
    06.crimson sky
    07.eyes of a demon
    08.dune
    09.lone wolf's theme

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Is that the soundtrack for "shogun assasin"?

or is there only one soundtrack available for all 6 of the japanese films?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Is that the soundtrack for "shogun assasin"?

I'm pretty sure that is the tracklisting for the soundtrack to Shogun Assassin. The music is weak on that record from memory. Synthy stuff.

I've never heard of a soundtrack on vinyl for the 6 films. No one in Japan had heard of it either. Someone on Vinyl Vulture said they saw it once... but you know how that goes.

peace.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Cheers for the knowledge sheep.

I like that dirty 70s synth sound, mainly for its kitch value though.

• Is that the soundtrack for "shogun assasin"?

Aside from the movies, the TV series soundtrack wasn't bad at times either.

I don't think it was ever available on vinyl, and I know there was an out-of-print CD release... My record store pal made a CD for me with various japanese tracks, and he threw two from the TV series on there.

Here's a couple of the funkier joints:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FE144B0654477D71

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5AE147140C4811B5

Peace...
    FNM

• I'm pretty sure that is the tracklisting for the soundtrack to Shogun Assassin. The music is weak on that record from memory. Synthy stuff.

The soundtrack LP was a mixture of dialogue from the English overdub and music by Rinder (of AVI's Rinder & Lewis) which explains the synthy-disco feel. I'm feelin' the gritty synth feel of it also, this has always been one of my favorite soundtracks. I think the date on my LP says 1980 but I can't be sure.

Last year I ordered a double disc set off of Ebay that contained the uncut movie on DVD paired with the entire soundtrack on CD. Nice stuff.

SONIC