The Streets: Why Should I Care?

2»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think it has something to do with him being british. I think people from his hood relate to dude. Thats about all i can figure. As soon as i heard his name, and then saw his picture, i knew i couldnt really fuck with it though.

But mabye its just not my thing, some people love it. I dont think skinner himself would try to call it hip hop though.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Yeah Treddin' On Thin Ice is a criminally slept on album.

the new one is better, IMHO...

Shit didn't even know he had a new album out, will be purchasing that shortly.

Think Urrrs and Bsides have collectively hit the nail on the head. Don't think Skinner is selling himself as a rapper as such, it's more like spoken word. I still maintain that some of his songs of his first album are funny and I like the idea behind his second album even though I found the execution of it unlistenable to.

Think it's a limited shelflife situation though so would like to see him using his label to promote good young artists rather than even more laddish blokey shit like the Mitchell Brothers.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

if you want to talk about the British eminem, has anyone heard Plan B?

Totally compounded by the fact that Shorditch wankers/Media types/Jools Holand viewer types are sooo in love with it...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

if you want to talk about the British eminem, has anyone heard Plan B?

Totally compounded by the fact that Shorditch wankers/Media types/Jools Holand viewer types are sooo in love with it...

Being blessed by working with the above section of society everyday I can 100% cosign on this statement.

Music designed for media masturbation rather than for listener appreciation.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    LOL @ THE BRITISH EMINEM!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    The Streets is a sort of poor man's Ian Dury.

tons of good perspective in this thread, but this statement made everything kristal clear...

I'm spasticus, autisticus!

• the only thing worse than his beats and his rapping is his singing, oh god

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    As soon as i heard his name, and then saw his picture, i knew i couldnt really fuck with it though.
    what's this got to do with anything