What's Really Real in Colorado

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So I just got into town, here in Boulder and I'm going to be here till July 6th. So what the hell is there to do in this town?

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    well, you can give money to the hippies, eat some granola, ride a bike, and smoke some weed. that pretty much sums it up.

i keed(not really). you should definitley drive up into the flat irons, there is some beautiful scenery up there. check out the open mall, i can't remember the name of it. go to the hill and check out the trust fund hippies begging for money, maybe try and catch a show at fox theatre. there used to be a record store right next to there, i don't know if its still there. go check out the skate park, there are some sick ass kids in there. drink some micro brews, there are quite a few. ummmmm, its been about 7 years since i have lived there, so i am forgetting some stuff.

have fun!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    why are so many people coming to Colorado lately?

anyway, Bart's at the end of the Pearl Street Mall for records.

The Busstop for naked titties.

Round Midnight usually has a hip hop DJ on some night of the week, that's also on Pearl Street Mall.

Umm, lots of good restaurants up there. Lots of annoying college students up there. What are you really looking for?

Oh and the record stores by the Fox are Albums on the Hill (decent but a mess) and a mini-Wax Trax (nothing like the one in Denver, but maybe worth a quick check anyway).

If you plan on going to Denver let me know.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    There is very little in the way of "Realness" in Boulder.

Its twenty square miles surrounded by reality, as the locals like to say.
    Its full of very rich people trying to act like they dont have any money. Its part of the aesthetic of Boulder.
    But its best to be there in the summer when all the Trustafarians are back living at thier parents and not clogging up the city.
    Try to get to Chataqua and the flatirons.
    Outdoorsy-type ish is the best thing Boulder has to offer.
    Lots of good restaurants, etc.
    Its a nice walking/biking city, so enjoy.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I thought you were in Argentina!

when I lived in Austin a lot of folks I know where moving to Boulder, that's all I know about the place.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Yeah my only real thing against this place is the hippies. I hate hippies and this town is full of them, the first thing I saw when I rolled into town was four hippies, one wearing a skirt (a bearded man not a wonan), playing hacky sack.

I met some girl the other night, while talking she told me she was going out to Red Rocks this weekend for a concert. I asked her who was playing out there; her response "String Cheese Incident." I tried to bite my tongue for minute there but it was no use. I couldn't even pretend I was okay with that band.
    I didn't make a new friend.

Pointman 0
    Hippies 1

Maybe that was more of a tie game.

I thought you were in Argentina!

when I lived in Austin a lot of folks I know where moving to Boulder, that's all I know about the place.

I'm headed down south in the end of July.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah, hippies are hard to talk to. Its uncomfortable, like trying to talk to children, but you don't have any children of your own, so you don't really know what to talk about, and also you feel like you shouldn't curse.

You know how in some small towns about once a year they have a public event like "Rattlesnake Stomps" where they go around all day killing rattlesnakes to keep the population down? They need to do something like that in Boulder but with hippies. Don't worry I'm not talking about killing them, though I do think about that. I'm saying once year have "Take a Bath Hippie Day." The public could go wrangle up hippies and force them to clean themselves without natural oils or handmade soaps. Put them in some clean clothes that don't smell like your dead grandmother and releases them back into the wild.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm here too! Party at the Longmont Radisson. I can steal beers from the executive lounge. Say wird. Like

I'm here too! Party at the Longmont Radisson. I can steal beers from the executive lounge. Say wird. Like

AWWWW Damn. Strutters decend upon Boulder in search of heat rocks from all sorts places.

Check yo PM action.