New Era NBA hats. what's the deal?

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
New Era has all kinds of nice 5950 NBA hats now. Is it me or are they all oversized? I can't wear any of them cuz I look like a fuckin 12 year old with my head swimming around in a 7 3/8, but the 7 1/4 is too small for me. Are all their NBA hats oversized like this? a 7 3/8 5950 MLB hat fits perfectly, most of the time. What's the deal? All NBA fans have XXXXXXXXL white tees and wear their hat over their ears? shit man.

Comments

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
    ARE YOU READING MY MIND????

In the past two days my boyfriend and I have gone hat shopping twice, in search of the right size/graphic new era hats and have had NO LUCK. He's been wearing and stinking up my hat, so I said enough is enough it's his time to get his own and get me a new one. Anyway, my size is 7 1/8 but all the damn hats were either too big or too small, regardless of if they were 7 1/8 or not.

BAGGY HATS??????

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I have a big-ass head and need a 7 7/8ths which is impossible to find in stores. I can fit a 7 3/4ths but it looks pretty tight and an 8 is just massive.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    how else you gonna fit your do rag/bandana/hand towel underneath? sheeesh.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    how else you gonna fit your do rag/bandana/hand towel underneath? sheeesh.

i seriously think that was a consideration in designing the NBA line... it's fucked up but could be the truth.

but yeah man baggy hats are not cool. i can't dig it. WHY CAN'T I WEAR MY BASKETBALL HAT LIKE A BASEBALL HAT? New Era has been steadily killing it with custom designs lately though. Now if they could hook up custom sisez?? Send 'em a head mold or something. NEW ERA HOLLUR AT ME!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    those hats are made of wool and will shrink signifigantly. it's best to buy them a size too big and wear it in the rain a couple times if you can't handle the flat brim-over one ear steez.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Perhaps the real issue is that you dudes all have misshapen heads?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    those hats are made of wool and will shrink signifigantly. it's best to buy them a size too big and wear it in the rain a couple times if you can't handle the flat brim-over one ear steez.

Soundtrack to this fit-your-fitted session: Eddie Kendricks "A Date with the Rain"?

Or by "wear it in the rain," do you mean shower with a cap on?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its gotta be a little oversized, cause that supertight bent brim abercrombie and fitch look is dead. I own a couple of NY joints- Classic navy, maroon,and straight blue.