High Quality Time Compression/Expansion programs

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I have the stock Pro Tools Plug-in for time compression/expnasion. but i am looking to see if there are higher quality versions of this. the pro tools basic one seems to get really distorted if you mess with anything over a 10 bpm change of tempo. i was thinking about how i hear sped up dance versions of tracks.anyone know what the industry standard is for this?

Comments

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Yo.
    I had this same problem.
    The Pro Tools TCE makes my snares sound stretched and doubled up sometimes.
    It sucks doing all that work and then having the snares sound all sloppy.
    I got much better results with Serrato's Pitch-N-Time. It's a fully functional free 30 day demo from their website. I have heard there is also a way to restart the demo over and over, but I don't know anything about that sort of stuff

• good lookin out mr garth...

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Serrato's Pitch-N-Time.

C O S I G N [/b]

and hollar if anyone knows how to restart that demo...

• check the pm's mesh

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I believe the industrys best timestretch is Prosoniq TimeFactory. Pretty old but still the best, and Steinberg bought the algorithms, so Cubase SX (and SX 2 of course!) use the same algorithm.

Probably easier to get cracked versions of Cubase SX.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I believe the industrys best timestretch is Prosoniq TimeFactory. Pretty old but still the best, and Steinberg bought the algorithms, so Cubase SX (and SX 2 of course!) use the same algorithm.

Probably easier to get cracked versions of Cubase SX.

haven't used this, but the one that came in the Waves Diamond bundle works like magic. Best results I've ever had.