ebay sabotoge? (bullshit related)

igotthatbeatigotthatbeat 263 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
as some may have seen, Ive listed a large collection of soul and jazz on ebay this weeklast night I had a person make $900+ total winnings in my auctions (all bids were placed the day the auctions closed)RIGHT aftr the close...i recieved "TKO" notices from ebay saying there was an account take over...and that 18 out of the 20 records this person bid on was during the "takeover"the 2 records the person decided they want to pay for are a total of $27I lost $900+ but was refunded my listing feesthe other 18 or so are now deleted from the system, are "invalid item numbers", I have no way of seeing the bid history or making 2nd chance offers the next highest bidderI seriously believe this was sabotage as the person knew I would not be able to make 2nd chance offers, how the bids were all done in one day, and the fact the person bid up a bunch of expensive records but only wants to pay for 2 less expensive titles.I have been back and forth with ebay phone customer service and live help all day...they arent really helping.Anyone have any experience like this?any sugeestions?

Comments

• oh and if anyone feels like blocking a total waste of time and piece of shit from thier auctions

username is thecocoarose

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    hmmm i guess keep after ebay, but sounds like you're screwed. that's weird that they would completely delete your listings, i don't understand why they did that.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    oh shit, that bidder sniped me on one of your auctions.

wtf is up with this 'takeover'?

it seemed like they had a last minute snipe set.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't understand why he would 'sabotage' several of your auctions but still want to buy some things??

What strategy is this?

alls i know is this dude and someone else with very low feedback bid up a lot of kitchen towels to $730. and they bid ridiculous amounts on some other stuff yesterday. so it's possible they're telling the truth...i dunno.

• hmmm i guess keep after ebay, but sounds like you're screwed. that's weird that they would completely delete your listings, i don't understand why they did that.

this is what is really bugging me too...

I'd much rather pay the listing fees and be able to make 2nd chance offers to the highest bidder

instead of:

"This listing (#100506268531) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now. "

• oh shit, that bidder sniped me on one of your auctions.

wtf is up with this 'takeover'?

it seemed like they had a last minute snipe set.

please let me know if you are still interested in the record (or any others that thecocoarose sniped you on) I'd like to work something out...

• same goes for anyone else...

if you were outbid by the cocoarose please get in contact with me

please add this person to your list of block bidders as well

thank you

this (well not this exactly, but ebay inexplicably deleting listings) is why I always save a copy of my descriptions in a txt file. It would still be a pain to relist all that shit, but maybe not quite so bad as starting from scratch.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    this (well not this exactly, but ebay inexplicably deleting listings) is why I always save a copy of my descriptions in a txt file. It would still be a pain to relist all that shit, but maybe not quite so bad as starting from scratch.

Why don't you rely on Turbolister?

• Thanks for the heads up on blocking that user ID. While we're on this subject everyone should ban user ID m.o.b.s.t.a

He/she just commited some paypal fraud against me, and as usual paypal is beyond worthless when it comes to actually looking at facts. Can't wait until google comes out with their payment system.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i've listed a high ticket record on ebay as a buy it now sale, twice. TWICE some asshole registered two new ebay account and within minutes ended the sale with the buy it now with no intention of paying. i know this because they do not contact me, and their registered info is fake. i don't know if they're just trying to be dicks or what, but it's really beginning to be too much. ebay really has to work on a better way to prevent bogus accounts.

now, i know you can cancel bids and block unwanted users in regular auctions, but does anyone know if there's a way to block zero feedback members in "buy it now" sales?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    you can block *any* bidder with 0 or negative feedback. Go here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    i've listed a high ticket record on ebay as a buy it now sale, twice. TWICE some asshole registered two new ebay account and within minutes ended the sale with the buy it now with no intention of paying. i know this because they do not contact me, and their registered info is fake. i don't know if they're just trying to be dicks or what, but it's really beginning to be too much. ebay really has to work on a better way to prevent bogus accounts.

now, i know you can cancel bids and block unwanted users in regular auctions, but does anyone know if there's a way to block zero feedback members in "buy it now" sales?

This is total bullshit. I have had 3 different accounts now, each will run for about 2 months then shut me down for "shill bidding" which was related to an account of my brothers like 6 years ago (when we lived together). Can't do anything until the original dispute is settled- but he doesn't even have that email address anymore, so nothing can be done. There was no shill bidding. I had to kiss like a 300+ positive feedback goodbye, and now im just doing everything through my girl.

FUCK EBAY - some bullshit cheats can get around (ive been swindled out of records by UK sellers on 3 different occasions) but I can't use the system at all.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    you can block *any* bidder with 0 or negative feedback. Go here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

, thanks jp.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

yeah had the same thing happen to me. some dude from india who registered the day he won a record off me then unregistered the next day. someone else he did the same thing to told me he had had it happen before. something about the person writes you and says they would like you to forward your account or something. some scam for them to make money not unsimiliar to the fake emails most people get...they're not doing it just to be dicks...