spiderman 3 trailer (symbiote related)

Comments

• they were filming this outside my buddy's apartment in cobble hill the other night. turns out one of the extras lived in the town my friend went to college in, so he came in and drank brews and told us about the movie.

i don't know if it's known information or what, probably is, but the villain line up is gonna be nuts.

looking forward to this, i've enjoyed the first two.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Looks amazing. This could be the best comic book adaptation yet.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    If by the best you mean totally fucking up the storyline, you're right.

best ever.

- spidey

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

best ever.

- spidey

I've kinda figured out that (for me anyway) there's just no point in even watching these films if you can't separate the two mediums (comics and films).
    The films will never be able to stay faithfull and that's that.
    X-Men flicks in particular since there's so much going on with the characters.
    I mean, Angel as a kid? And not showing up until the 3rd film?!
    He was one of the founding members!

Re: Spidey 3 trailer, I like it.
    Again with the chronology fuck ups though...
    Gwen Stacy not showing up until the 3rd film while in the book she was Peter's gal long before MJ even showed up in the book.
    (though I understand Raimi might toy with the history even more by REVERSING the fates of the 2 girls. If he does that, he's got balls)

So yeah, gotta separate the two mediums.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    So yeah, gotta separate the two mediums.
    yeah I had a similar thoughts about movies adapted from comics. 99% were average at best.

that is, until I saw Sin City. One of my fav comics and a killer movie too.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    um, oh shit

best ever.

- spidey

The story line could never be duplicated in this case, but the effects look excellent & the scenes in the trailer look fantastic. I love that relfection thing with the red/blue spidey & the symbiote. Iconic. If they can piece these scenes together to make a decent story, this could be AMAZING.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    the effects look excellent & the scenes in the trailer look fantastic. I love that relfection thing with the red/blue spidey & the symbiote. Iconic. If they can piece these scenes together to make a decent story, this could be AMAZING.
    how many times has hollywood let us down with that train of thought? I am so sick of going to see a movie based on the trail/special effects (that admitedly look amazing) but after watching it just thinking "meh".

the effects look excellent & the scenes in the trailer look fantastic. I love that relfection thing with the red/blue spidey & the symbiote. Iconic. If they can piece these scenes together to make a decent story, this could be AMAZING.
    how many times has hollywood let us down with that train of thought? I am so sick of going to see a movie based on the trail/special effects (that admitedly look amazing) but after watching it just thinking "meh".

Actually, I seldom find effects to look impressive. I thought the hulk looked stupid, that the goblin from the 1st spider man film was kind of plain, and the that the FF stepped out of a B movie. The Daredevil costume looked like a cheap bondage fantasy. Nothing grabbed me from the x-men trilogy. They tried to merge the Morrison era style with the Claremont stories of 30 years ago. At least give me a take on the classic wolverine mask. Instead, they gave dude a leather jacket. The only character that looked good was Beast and they went with the new wave look again. When I first heard they were going to to the black costume, I thought it was going to be bunk. It really does look good, though. The intro of Gwen Stacy is timely & that reflection scene looks like it came from the pen of the spidey artists of yore. I jusy hope the story makes some kind of sense.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I'm kind of disappointed that the black suit their using is simply a black version of the regular Spiderman suit. The Venom suit is oh so much better. If Venom actually dubets in this film (I think he is) then he better have the classic Venom suit. The question is, will it be slick and cool Venom a la Tood MacFarlane or drooly Venom a la Erik Larsen.

• sandman,green goblin II, venom at the end, and CHAMELEON in a cameo. no lizard yet.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    CHAMELEON in a cameo.

i want to see what this suit will look like

• green goblin has alot better suit in this one, versus that garbage one from the 1st film..

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    sandman,green goblin II, venom at the end, and CHAMELEON in a cameo. no lizard yet.

But maybe an additional cameo/plot device with Dr. Connors in the lab or maybe traveling to the Everglades for reptile DNA...? Could be a nice set up for Spider-Man 4.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    sandman,green goblin II, venom at the end, and CHAMELEON in a cameo. no lizard yet.

But maybe an additional cameo/plot device with Dr. Connors in the lab or maybe traveling to the Everglades for reptile DNA...? Could be a nice set up for Spider-Man 4.

Speaking of plot devices, anyone stay in the theatre through til the end of the closing credits of X-Men 3?
    First Magneto moves a chess piece, then Moira McTaggert gets a "hello, Moira" from the comatose patient now embodying the mind of Prof. X.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    god i cannot wait until next year. instead i get another unnecessary superman

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I'm kind of disappointed that the black suit their using is simply a black version of the regular Spiderman suit. The Venom suit is oh so much better. If Venom actually dubets in this film (I think he is) then he better have the classic Venom suit. The question is, will it be slick and cool Venom a la Tood MacFarlane or drooly Venom a la Erik Larsen.

When I saw the first stills, I agreed with you. But now seeing the suit in action, I like the choice they made. The suit looks a lot better in motion, plus it gives the character a nice "lost innocence" vibe.