LETTERS TO PEOPLE AND THINGS.

2»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Dear Local Gigs,

O, how I have missed you! We've spent entirely too much time apart. I know, I know. I told you that I'd be focused on moving into the new place and that I might not have much time for you, but damn, all of June? Glad we'll be seeing more of each other in July and August. Let's never separate again, okay?

With affection,
    Hogg the Gig Hustler
    -----------------------------------

Dear Out-of-Town Gigs,

You could not have come at a better time! JustAlice and jimiscott (two superb folks) sent you our way and we're very stoked to rock Portland and Montana, respectively, in July.

Eagerly,
    Microwave Tourest

Dear Mrs. Hogg,

You are so close to being done with the 40-some-odd page paper that has been crushing you all semester. I know that it will be incredible and that you will be rewarded an A+. Hold on a little longer and then enjoy a well-deserved summer break (starting next week).

With love and admiration,
    Mr. Hogg

Dear New Place,

You're rad. Sorry we felt kinda weird about you there for a while, but you know how it goes. Not to bring up exes, but I was with that Sanchez Street bitch for 9 years; old habits die hard.

But if you could find a way to somehow spend less of our money, that would be great.

With all that I have,
    Yes Homeowner

Dear jdeez,

It was really good talking to you on the phone Sunday; it's been way too long. I'm really proud of you, baby bro. Head West some time!

Love,
    Big Bird

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Dear Soulstrut,

I know I must seem like like the annoying younger brother who doesn't know half of what you know, but I come here with love and respect.

Dear Kate - 24 hours away,

I know you need to be out on your own finding your feet, but I miss you. Two weeks has been hard i don't know if i can make it through 4 years.

Dear Home,

I wish i knew where you were.

Dear Music,

Wherever you are (thats you rackords and keys and MPC) feels as close to home as i can get.

Dear Work,

I hate you, but we need each other so lets call a truce.

Yours Sincerely,
    Nick

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dear Jinx/ Justin

Dude, I now have a greater respect for you, not that I didn't respect you before but f'reals when times got tough and shit got bad you were there. File this under right words at the right time.

-Guzzilini

Dear little brother of mine,

It was a tough road growing up and I hope you understand that we made moves that we thought were right. Forgiveness is devine. Family love is 2 steps above that.

Love and more
    -Adam

Dear guzzo's

I doubt any of you read the board but if you do y'all know you came through serious as fuck Tuesday night, thanks for flipping the worst birthday in recent memory into one of the best ever.
    PS Dinner is on me

-your boy since the beginning

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    DEAR CANONICAL

DUDE YOU ARE SEXY.

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    Dear Local Gigs That Aren't HipHop,
    You're good, and I'm kinda sorry I didn't take the plunge a few years ago.
    I've always listened to your albums, but now I realise how good your live shows are.
    The Eddy Current Supression Ring will be doing a "you" next week and I'm looking forward to it.
    And when the Dirty Three did a "you", I was amazed.

Dear Harriet/Ex,
    You are an arsehole.

Dear Friends,
    I don't know if it's because of letter no. 2 or because you are nice, but you are nice and supportive. I like being friends with you, and I'm quite happy with where I am at the moment.

Dear Monty Starks/Stark Reality,
    Fuck you are good. The "Now" reissue is amazing.
    The part when the vocals break through in "Busting Outta Doors" is one of my favourite recorded moments ever!

Dear People Who Talk At Gigs,
    I fucking hate you.
    I understand that if I see Belle & Sebastian or something, half of you will be there for the street cred, but the fucking Dirty Three!?!?
    Just shut up, I paid $45 (australian) and I don't want some fucking scenester wrecking it for me.

Dear Record Shops,
    I've been good to you lately, please don't try to charge me $15 more for a reissue than the place down the road.

Dear Girls,
    I like meeting you.
    Especially new ones.
    Hopefully this weekend I may be able to kiss one of you.

Dear Girlfriend Stealing Lesbians,
    I hate you.

• aradpumaaradpuma 83 Posts
    Dear ness,
    Te extrano a ti tambien. Vente paca.

Dear JoshD,
    Are we gonna be neighbors soon??

Dear RAJ and Otis,
    It was nice meeting you dudes.

Dear SonicReducer,
    I DONT SEE YOU ENOUGH!

Dear soulhawk,
    I know how hard it must be to come into the shop all the time and not see me, but you'll be ok.

Dear Michigan USPS,
    Please send me my cat and my records, I'm not coming back.

Dear Puerto Rico,
    I LUH YOU.
    (p.s. this includes, salsa, bomba, plena, yautias, guanabana, guiros, the heat, gandules, santeria, i got love for all of you, please find me a job)

Dear records in Puerto Rico,
    Where are you dudes?

Cordially,
    aradpuma

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Dear Girlfriend Stealing Lesbians,
    I hate you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    BRRRRRRRUUUUUMMMMPPPPP...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dear party I just deejayed, you were truly one of the best ever, thanks for dancing your asses off like that...we were on the Lamar Boulevard foot bridge totally in a public space cranking music and serving alcoholic beverages, to the cop who almost shut us down, thanks for disappearing so we could go a whole 'nother hour and a half, to the 19 year old who was truly the best dancer I've ever seen in my life, please dial my number that is now in your phone, even if we are only friends or you do really want me to deejay your birthday, whatever...I just have to keep knowing you somehow as I love you to the fiullest, and to the 49 year old hottie who told me she could be my couguar, I'm with it and can't believe that you are really 49, and to the hottest chick ever...thank you for setting up my tip jar, which got amply filled, and thank you for saying that you'd like to get together soon, despite me having already dated your friend far too many times, and thank you for letting me know you are bi-sexual...like I told you, that doesn't phase me at all, what a wonderful wonderful night...Austin rules!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Dear Soulstrut,

We've been apart way too long. Let's reconnect.

Dear Soulstrut friends,

Dear Las Vegas music scene,

Dear California,

Dear giving a shit,

Dear Records,

Dear Obscure films,

Dear Djing,

Dear Audiences,

Dear Inner Child,

Dear Drawing,

Dear Reading,

Dear Guitars,

We've been apart way too long. Let's reconnect. I miss you, and can't live without you.

Love,

- spidey