motherfuckers broke into my house yesterday

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
My garage is part of my house, but yeah it could have been worse.Someone broke into to my garage yesterday and stole my scooter. I had triple padlocks on the doors. I had a huge metal loop bolted to the wall and I ran my Krypto-NY chain through it. These guys were serious professionals who worked at my garage with a wide array of tools and probably just loaded my scooter into a van or truck.This got me thinking about how to secure my house better.I've got multiple locks. Alarm system. A dog. A gun. I'm not sure what else I can do?It seems like these fuckers scope you out and then come after you like they're cracking some big time bank safe. For what? I don't really have anything. So why do they fuck with me? I stayed up all night wondering what it would be like to shoot somebody. I hate this.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Motion-triggered lighting might help.

That seriously sucks tho, man. Hope you'll get lucky and catch those motherfuckers.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

I've got multiple locks. Alarm system. A dog. A gun. I'm not sure what else I can do?

Perhaps putting up a sign(s) in stategicaly placed areas announcing the fact that you do have a gun.
    I know a couple friends that live in a shit neighborhood who have such signs and they've never had trouble.

Sorry about the roberry. I've been there and it sucks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    then they'll break in to steal your gun and probably have more guns with them.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    what kind of locks do you have the garage door? just pad locks? you might want to install a garage door side latch, you could put it only on the inside, never drill the hole for the rim cylinder so you can't access it from outside. Then it doesn't matter if they cut the padlocks off, you're shit will stil be locked. Only downside is that you'll only be able to unlock it from the inside.

If you really need to unlock it from the outside you could step up to a high security key cylinder, like a primus or medeco. That way they can't pick it or drill it. Both locks have side bars in the cylinder that lock the keyway in place incase of someone trying to drill the lock.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Damn Fr*nk that sucks. Thieves broke into my mom's house about 6 years ago (taking several pieces of my guitar & amp equipment - fuck) but she immediately got an alarm system installed and she's had no problems since. Pretty expensive route unfortunately.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Thats fucked man. I hope its covered by your home owners. At least they didn't come into the house, but still that shit is fucked.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    i'm sorry to hear that, man. i'm looking to get a scooter, but shit like this has got me shook. I can lock my shit behind a wall, but it's still gettable. damn. can your insurance company replace it under comprehensive?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I park my motorcycle on the streets all the time. No lock or anything. It's a Honda Rebel and is so light people can just pick it up and throw it in the back of a truck. I'd be happy if someone stole it because I got such a good deal on it that insurance would pay me a lot more than I bought it for even after the deductible.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I would do what Serg says. Dude is a professional.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Damn Fr*nk that sucks. Thieves broke into my mom's house about 6 years ago (taking several pieces of my guitar & amp equipment - fuck) but she immediately got an alarm system installed and she's had no problems since. Pretty expensive route unfortunately.

Frank, sorry man, this is the shits.
    I would def look into Brinks or whatever company has a good offer. While we don't have a garage, our Brinks bill is like $35 a month, and that shit works quite well as a deterrent and their response is pretty good. Obviously nothing is 100%, but I would get it if you don't already have a home security system. Also, you can get dummy(or real)cameras relatively cheap nowadays too(been researching it to deter my ghetto hillbilly neighbors from acting up on our street).

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Sorry to hear about the theft.

i know where you're coming from on sitting and thinking on the whole thing. i had a bunch of music stolen from me last summer and it just makes you really think about how thoughtless people can be. i had everything but my back latch on my car locked and someone crawled through to get my CD books. Box sets are now messed up as a result as well as some mix CDs from a good friend gone forever. You really start to think about what you would do if you came face to face with the person, just so they could understand what your possessions meant to you.

That gun thought is a scary one. It is your home and all. Hopefully you get what you deserve out of this and likewise to those that did it.

i know this is a pretty "Dad" thing to ask, but you did file a police report, right?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    dang man, sorry to hear that.

were you home when it happened?

i would definitley put up a sign letting them know you're packing heat. i'd get a shotgun too. and let them know you got that.

and i second the motion sensor lights. they are not too expensive.

also, you can get a security system and not have to pay a monthly fee. you just get it installed and never sign up for the service. obviously no one is going to be contacted if something happens, but if you are there and the shit goes off, you will know about it. also, just the noise of an alarm should scare a lot of folk away.

again man, sorry to hear about that. sounds liked they cased the place and knew what they were looking for.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

Truth. I know someone who was broken into all the time after people found out he had a gun. He'd replace it and they'd break in and steal it again. Best way to get more guns on the black market is to know who owns 'em and when they go to work.....Leave early sometime and double back to see who's around.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

That seriously sucks man. Hope you'll get lucky and catch those motherfuckers.

• damn those mutherfuckers.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

That gun thought is a scary one. It is your home and all. Hopefully you get what you deserve out of this and likewise to those that did it.

You can shoot and kill people in your own house in Colorado without doing hard time. It's called the "Make My Day" Law:

"The law recognizes that citizens have the right to expect absolute safety within their homes. The occupant is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly force, against another person who makes an uninvited entry into the home and either has or might commit a crime there. "

If you have a strap, and you're home, and somebody breaks in to "commit a crime" and you blast them in the chest, chances are you won't do hard time.

I say lay some bait, camp out and wait. You don't have to kill them but a shot in the leg or hand would definitely make them think twice about breaking into peoples' shit again. People who steal personal property are low. Go rob a store that has all of their goods insured you pussies.

What kind of gun do you have Fatback?

• then they'll break in to steal your gun and probably have more guns with them.
    yeah, that's what they'll do...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Truth. I know someone who was broken into all the time after people found out he had a gun. He'd replace it and they'd break in and steal it again. Best way to get more guns on the black market is to know who owns 'em and when they go to work.....Leave early sometime and double back to see who's around.

thanks everyone.

yeah. i should NOT advertise that i have gun. even on here. i'm no NRA dude, but ever since this happened recently in Richmond, I been paranoid and my Dad offered a handgun. I said OK.

anyhow. sad news is homeowners insurance does not cover scooters. they need their own policy like a car. even though VA does not require tags or insurance. limbo.

ugh.

• this happened recently in Richmond

osted on 01/10 at 09:08 AM
    Why isn't this a hate-crime against the Harvey's? If two white guys did this to a black family it would be all over CNN. This is not a racist statement, simply an observation. I have the utmost respect for the Richmond police chief who worked day and night to solve this crime. There isn't a punishment on earth too severe for these two dirt bags. They're just lucky I'm not calling the shots.
    greg

Posted on 01/10 at 09:08 AM
    Its time for people to wake up and take back thier cities. We must put an end to the welfare system and make birth control mandatory for people who dont go to school or work. These people do not respect us who bust our butts and take pride in where we live. We actually care about our kids. We pay taxes so losers like these guys and thier families can get a free ride. Its thier whole community that is infested.
    I have a job

I feel the death penalty is way too kind for these monsters.I think they should be bound, beaten and forced to watch videos of those sweet little girls day in and day out! They should have to hear the heart wrenching screams of the grandmothers and families they left behind. They should see the tears of all the kids who can no longer sleep. How do you tell all the other children left behind that their sweet friend was beaten, bound, and murdered? They took a piece of all of all of us!
    death penalty is 2 kind!

Police spend all of their time harrassing those of us with normal lives who have never harmed, robbed, or bothered a soul but just happen to enjoy recreational substances other than alcohol. They really should spend their time concentrating on preventing this kind of thing from happening, not harrassing those whose only crime is that they prefer pot or painkillers to alcohol.Also,this society glorifies violence:our most famous musicians are brutal rapists like Eminem and other rap morons.
    QuestionAuthority

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I think owning a hand gun is a good thing if you are a responsible adult who understands gun safety and isn't a complete lunatic out to shoot people for enjoyment. I'm no NRA guy either but hey, fuck getting robbed or attacked!

like somebody else said though, hopefully the karma of the situation will reflect on you.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    I stayed up all night wondering what it would be like to shoot somebody

guess that's why you bought a gun.

why don't you shoot somebody? get it out of your system. or better yet, threaten somebody with the gun.

yeah. i should NOT advertise that i have gun. even on here. i'm no NRA dude, but ever since this happened recently in Richmond, I been paranoid and my Dad offered a handgun. I said OK.

you live in richmond now?

actually bringing up handguns on this board isn't bad, it seems most of the "headz" on here fully endorse packing heat.

why don't you shoot somebody? get it out of your system. or better yet, threaten somebody with the gun.

that's silly.

this happened recently in Richmond

osted on 01/10 at 09:08 AM
    Why isn't this a hate-crime against the Harvey's? If two white guys did this to a black family it would be all over CNN. This is not a racist statement, simply an observation. I have the utmost respect for the Richmond police chief who worked day and night to solve this crime. There isn't a punishment on earth too severe for these two dirt bags. They're just lucky I'm not calling the shots.
    greg

Its time for people to wake up and take back thier cities. We must put an end to the welfare system and make birth control mandatory for people who dont go to school or work. These people do not respect us who bust our butts and take pride in where we live. We actually care about our kids. We pay taxes so losers like these guys and thier families can get a free ride. Its thier whole community that is infested.
    I have a job

I feel the death penalty is way too kind for these monsters.I think they should be bound, beaten and forced to watch videos of those sweet little girls day in and day out! They should have to hear the heart wrenching screams of the grandmothers and families they left behind. They should see the tears of all the kids who can no longer sleep. How do you tell all the other children left behind that their sweet friend was beaten, bound, and murdered? They took a piece of all of all of us!
    death penalty is 2 kind!

Police spend all of their time harrassing those of us with normal lives who have never harmed, robbed, or bothered a soul but just happen to enjoy recreational substances other than alcohol. They really should spend their time concentrating on preventing this kind of thing from happening, not harrassing those whose only crime is that they prefer pot or painkillers to alcohol.Also,this society glorifies violence:our most famous musicians are brutal rapists like Eminem and other rap morons.
    QuestionAuthority

that's insane.

that's silly.

exactly

• ohcohc 6 Posts
    Thats fucked up.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    actually bringing up handguns on this board isn't bad, it seems most of the "headz" on here fully endorse packing heat.

That's a worrying thought. Seriously, I'd rather that some prick stole my bike than have to shoot someone. Fatback, know how you probably feel. Very fucking angry and on edge. Last year I got broken into and they took my car keys then found my car and loaded it up with my stuff. Nice touch.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Thats fucked up.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    My garage is part of my house, but yeah it could have been worse.

Someone broke into to my garage yesterday and stole my scooter. I had triple padlocks on the doors. I had a huge metal loop bolted to the wall and I ran my Krypto-NY chain through it.

These guys were serious professionals who worked at my garage with a wide array of tools and probably just loaded my scooter into a van or truck.

This got me thinking about how to secure my house better.

I've got multiple locks. Alarm system. A dog. A gun. I'm not sure what else I can do?

It seems like these fuckers scope you out and then come after you like they're cracking some big time bank safe. For what? I don't really have anything. So why do they fuck with me? I stayed up all night wondering what it would be like to shoot somebody. I hate this.

Frank, this sucks. I know just how you feel. I had my vintage Lambretta stolen several years ago. I wanted to find the perps and shoot them each in the face, Punisher-style. I've since (very recently) purchased another vintage bike, and I am very concerned about its safety. Looking into an alarm system while it is safely stored in a friend's garage.

Did you have insurance? I'm sure you are covered.
    But yeah, time to look into some serious security measures.

Daryle