A-1 Record Finder Los Angeles

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Does this place still exist? I've been out of Los Angeles for a few years now. Mostly, I'm a little bored and I am nostalgic for the horror stories about the schizo-socioipath owner. L.A. has some real gems, when you also consider that dude and his whipping boy underling at The Record Collector. Is that same dude still working over there, still getting shit on verbally? Does anyone ever bother going there anymore? I never scored anything good at either spot, but you'd think they would have some heat just by being a shop in L.A.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Isn't this the same dude who is now doing "the program???"?

• why would you want to do this to yourself.

why would you want to do this to yourself.

me?

• no not you... waxjunky.

ahhh... yes. But seriously, isn't pencil thin stache formerly of A-1?

• yes he is... and if you want to buy his vg lilo thomas records just show up to buena. the record collector is a painful experience to say the least.

ap

$20 for Smackwater Jack - Quincy is his close personal friend, dawg!

• the ultimate NAGL

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Of course Q is going to be your close personal buddy if you were on tour drumming for Parliament at age 15. That dude Kevin is just a bullshitter more than an a-hole. The Program ain't shit because I've seen it. That guy was selling his own records out of A-1 for a while, but he's not the original crusty old bastard who I'm thinking of.

Did anyone pull any heat out of A-1 years and years ago? That place had to have been popping at one point...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Of course Q is going to be your close personal buddy if you were on tour drumming for Parliament at age 15. That dude Kevin is just a bullshitter more than an a-hole. The Program ain't shit because I've seen it. That guy was selling his own records out of A-1 for a while, but he's not the original crusty old bastard who I'm thinking of.

Did anyone pull any heat out of A-1 years and years ago? That place had to have been popping at one point...

pulled a mint East of Underground there for 1$ in 88'.

• omg was that old crazy guy the owner? I just assumed the nice guy who was super helpful was the owner, and the old crazy guy was someone he just took care of. I fond two albums there by Air Supply that I never knew existed, and some great opera too.