SOLO FACE: worst thing ever?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
i'm gonna vote yes...

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Pat Metheny and GE Smith are just ugly. Period.

Now, that's hot.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    2nd only to the bust-a-nut face

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• A SOULSTRUT CLASSIC:

(Paging Jonny...Paging Jonny...)

Metheny always wore those big neck sweat shirts too. They remind me of this...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

I"M DYING OVER HERE

• Back in high school when I was an aspiring young buck bassist, I used to take lessons from Roy Vogt, pictured above. We'd be going over something simple like a scale. He'd show me, I'd try to repeat it. Then he'd do it again, but add on a few notes at the end, then a few more, then all of a sudden he would be LOST in a fusion batch fantasyland, slappin and thumpin out note after note. He would pucker his lips together and get steady focused in what I can only refer to as BASS FACE.

• who's this a-hole?

BASS FACE.

my favorite is the BASS FACE + BASS NECK COMBO. bass neck is when you cluck your head back and forth to the rhythm like a chicken.

• BASS FACE + BASS NECK COMBO.

NIGHT OF THE LIVING BASS HEAD.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Back in high school when I was an aspiring young buck bassist, I used to take lessons from Roy Vogt, pictured above. We'd be going over something simple like a scale. He'd show me, I'd try to repeat it. Then he'd do it again, but add on a few notes at the end, then a few more, then all of a sudden he would be LOST in a fusion batch fantasyland, slappin and thumpin out note after note. He would pucker his lips together and get steady focused in what I can only refer to as BASS FACE.

This is bringing back some memories... I wonder if EVERY guitar teacher is guilty of this (they always get so bored of hearing you try to nail the basics they've gotta stroke one out to stay awake)

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    is this solo face not the origin of the term face melter? i always thought a facemelting guitar solo was one where the guitarist would make faces such as these, as if his face were melting... am i disconnected from the face melt?

is this solo face not the origin of the term face melter? i always thought a facemelting guitar solo was one where the guitarist would make faces such as these, as if his face were melting... am i disconnected from the face melt?

i thought it meant it melted the listener's face off. cause the solo was too hot, as if the guitar were on fire from all the AWESOME guitar work. sparks flying and everything

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

this is my "lift one leg and push out a fart" face

this is my "fart on cue" face. i always push waay to hard when trying to fart on cue like when your hommies head is turned and you realize the planets have aligned so that you can squeeze off a salvo on your boy but all the sudden the fart juice goes into hiding.

A SOULSTRUT CLASSIC:

this face has nothing to do with farts. this is like my "i just ate a kim chee burrito and 3 tommy's burgers and now i got butt curry" face.

i thought it meant it melted the listener's face off. cause the solo was too hot, as if the guitar were on fire from all the AWESOME guitar work. sparks flying and everything

ahh that also makes much sense. thanks.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I didn't wanna have to do this cuz its kinda nasty, but here is the origin of facemelt:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

this is my "lift one leg and push out a fart" face

I've wanted punch that dude's face for almost 30 years now.

A SOULSTRUT CLASSIC:

sorry i had to quote the photo again. this is funniest solo face ever

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my boy steve-o. dude has the stoner solos on lock...fuck a Matt Pike

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

braxton was a madman.

A SOULSTRUT CLASSIC:

sorry i had to quote the photo again. this is funniest solo face ever

this dude has the "i'm 4 and mommy just took away my ice cream and i'm .04 seconds from screaming" face.

??

btw, i would liketo contribute:

good one^^^

^^^I remember this guy always use to look like he was singing the metallica lyrics in german or something as he played the shit out of his drums...

• MORE STUNNERS FROM JONNY LANG :[/b]

(dude must take a lot of solos)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Jimmy Page displaying the "I Stole This Jacket Off Gram Parsons' Still-Warm Corpse" face!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    johnny lang is unreal though