JOHN DOE - FUSED FUNK VOL. 3

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
THIS SHIT IS FIYAH!Threw this in the CD player this morning and ended up being 15 minutes late to work cause I didn't want to turn it off.

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Isn't he from Cincinatti? I had an old John Doe funk mix that I uised to bump all the time. I thought it was called Refused Funk but I guess it was probably Fused Funk vol. 1. Dope shit, I may have to cop this one.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Isn't he from Cincinatti? I had an old John Doe funk mix that I uised to bump all the time. I thought it was called Refused Funk but I guess it was probably Fused Funk vol. 1. Dope shit, I may have to cop this one.

nah this is John Doe from Las Vegas. I think youre thinking of the guy from 1200 hobos

trust me dude is pretty damn deep with his and you'd be doing yourself a huge musical favor by copping this.

• Where can I cop 1 and 2?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    word. i had the tape of Fused Funk.....I played that out.

I have this cd on order now, hopfully it'll get here for my roadtrip tomorrow.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Seriously. This is a HIGHLY slept on mixxx. Steve and I were bumping this on our way out to Michigan.

Cop hereth: http://www.soulstrut.com/shop

nah this is John Doe from Las Vegas. I think youre thinking of the guy from 1200 hobos

trust me dude is pretty damn deep with his and you'd be doing yourself a huge musical favor by copping this.

i'm thinking i had the vegas john doe tape and maybe thought it was jon doe 1200 hobos? either way i still think i'll cop, i need a new mix. some inspiration, if you will...

• As far as I know this is the only way to hear the infamous "Upheaval" record. Worth it for that alone. Time to let that one go now johnny, it misses the winters. Drop it off!

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    thanks for the good words fellas - glad you guys are diggin it

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts

i'm thinking i had the vegas john doe tape and maybe thought it was jon doe 1200 hobos? either way i still think i'll cop, i need a new mix. some inspiration, if you will...

I am not the John Doe from the 1200 Hobos but that mixup has been made before.

I put out 2 mixtapes years ago - Fused Funk in '96 and Refused Funk in '97...and now some 8+ years later Fused Funk Vol. 3. I edited down Refused Funk and put it on CD not too long ago so if anyone wants one hit me on the pm...Fused Funk may get the same treatment one day but i doubt it.

aha so it WAS Refused Funk. That was a dope mix, I just had a copy from a friend years ago. Thanks for that, I'll be checking your new one for sure. big up.

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    As far as I know this is the only way to hear the infamous "Upheaval" record. Worth it for that alone. Time to let that one go now johnny, it misses the winters. Drop it off!

naw it really enjoys hangin' with me poolside....

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    ordered me one up today, along with a Soul Boulder

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts

damn, your boy we_eat_trains was supposed to slide one to you. maybe he only had 2 left - you know how he is when he only has "doubles" of something...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

damn, your boy we_eat_trains was supposed to slide one to you. maybe he only had 2 left - you know how he is when he only has "doubles" of something...

Im sayin! maybe thats why he's been avoiding my calls.....